More bad news for Sony: PS3 shipments infected with ebola virus

What other fuckups have they made?

I did that with my fist once and it didn’t bleed at all. Alas, my forearm was not quite so lucky. :()

That’s the funniest thread title I’ve read in a long while. tips hat to Gary

It would make sense. Release in November with limited quantities, and people will chase after them like they did the 360, only there will be a 360 to buy when one can’t be found. Slip to March 07, and they’ll have the “wait for it” crowd sitting on their wallets through the Christmas season, eliminiating the must-buy-something panic for gift-givers.

Well atleast they are shipping the PS3’s with Something.

-edit-
oh wait was this a joke thread

Hey, you’re not dead! Where ya been?

Thanks Gary, now I have coffee all over my keyboard.

the price point
the e3 demo
blue ray - debatable
and pretty much everything that has come out of Kataguri’s mouth, ever

I know you are a shill jake, but I wasn’t aware that you are also functionally retarded.

So… how’d that turn out? :)

Gamble. This isn’t a fuck up.

Fuck up, granted.

Gamble, not fuck up.

Beyond their control.

Charing $600 for a console is not a fuckup. Nor is including Blue-Ray.

It’s a risky move, sure. But if Blue-Ray becomes the standard and Sony sells out of every one of its $600 priced consoles, they will be geniuses, not fuckups.

You’ll (obviously) have no argument with me that their KillZone demo was a fuckup. They showed it back when they thought the PS3 was coming soon. And maybe then, when they thought they could pull a bait and switch, that made sense. Now, in retrospect, it’s a fuckup because as a marketing tool, KillZone has become a liability for them.

I’m not shilling for the PS3. Lord knows I have the same complaints you do on this. I personally do not like the high cost of the PS3 nor the inclusion of Blue-Ray. But my being unhappy with either doesn’t mean the company has fucked up.

Everything is a gamble until after the fact, at which point you can classify it as a fuckup, or something else as appropriate. If the PS3 is a failure (however you want to define that,) and there’s evidence that the $600 pricetag, the Blu-ray drive, or whatever is part of the cause of that failure, we could probably safely classify those things as fuckups.

The Blu-Ray player and the $600 price tag is one and the same issue.

Absolutely. I’d agree with that. All I’m saying is that it’s premature to call these things fuckups.

They’ve certainly created a lot of negative Internet buzz, but personally I don’t think that buzz will have a significant negative impact on PS3 sales. Sony may lose marketshare this cycle, but they’re not going to collapse.

Yes, but if the PS3 is a failure due to a blue laser shortage, then all of those things become irrelevant. Gambling and losing is not a fuck up. The fuck up is not playing at all!

I love/hate sony as much as the next guy. I bought a PS1 and PS2, both on launch day, and I’ve been extremely happy with them.

Seriously though, if you don’t think sony is fucking up, you are far more optomistic than I am. Let me make this easier, name one thing Sony has done this year that has generated POSITIVE press for the PS3.

negative:
old batarang controler
new controller with wobble sensor
half assed attempt at xbox live
design of the console (george foreman grill?)
botched e3 demo
600 dollar price point
blue ray
shipping delays
some of the games look cool, but nothing to justify the 50% system price increase over the 360

positive:
?

I’m actually surprised more people aren’t annoyed at the Blu Ray. We’re looking at a significant increase in the price of the console, and possibly also in the games, all to help Sony kick-start an attempt to hold monopoly control over a new format. In what way does any part of this help the consumer, or the gamer? We’re paying out of pocket to fund an attempt at market dominance, here, are we not?

Yes, but no-one’s really bothered by that part, because people see it as the nature of business. It’s like complaining about pork and graft in politics: the consequences are too diffuse to make people care.

Nope, we’re not - and that’s the funny part.

Sure, OK.

Well, I’m annoyed enough that I won’t buy the console until there’s a significant price drop. Does that count?