More Star Trek: TNG?

The JJ Trek movies are better than the TNG movies, it’s true.

2 and 6 are on equal footing imo. I like 6 better, but I realize I’m in the minority on that one.

WdcSZbf

This was established as canon 3 days ago. That is all.

My only explanation was that Enidigm meant to write Star Trek VI. But I was wrong.

True story: Star Trek VI is the first Trek movie I actually saw, and I didn’t like it. I saw it, and shrugged, and felt it was about the same quality as a good episode of The Next Generation, which was in its 5th season at the time and firing on all cylinders.

It was only later, when I watched Star Trek V and grew to like the characters, then watched the series and the rest of the Star Trek movies that I realized how good Star Trek VI was. Yes, it was as good as a good episode of TNG, but that was a really rare thing.

Your Star Trek V story always charms me and perks me up a bit. The fact that those characters were so fantastic that, at what I considered a low point at 16ish, won you over, really warms my heart about the franchise. No foolin’.

Yeah, but you’re clearly a crazy man. You put Insurrection ahead of anything but Nemesis.

You and your precious Abrams Reboot and James Cromwell.

From Hell’s Heart, I stab at thee!

I’m with you brother. 6 is my favorite of them all.

Purple Blood. Plummer is a poor man’s Khan. That is all.

I’m not trying to win any converts to the Abrams movies, fun though they may be, but Insurrection is so boring. I’d rather watch Kirk and Spock try to climb a mountain again.

I fast-forwarded through half of Nemesis. I didn’t even bother putting that much effort into getting through Insurrection.

You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon.

Well, for all my smack-talk there, it is my number 4. It just ain’t Wrath of Khan. Fact.

EDIT and a Poor Man’s Khan is still head and shoulders above an Abrams Khan.

You’d not say that if you played Klingon Academy, which is a prequel to STVI and has both Plummer and Warner. It’s amaze.

David Warner…tell me more…are they John Ford Klingons?

Though playing the game is better.

OK, who do I give my money too?

So, indeed they are John Ford Klingons and not Mead Hall Barbarian TNG Klingons. I am pleased. I’ll even forgive the Quonos (whatever, spelling…phony homeworld…) instead of Klinzai as the homeworld.

Sadly you’d have to track down a disk copy. It’s not available digitally.