More Star Trek: TNG?

I would love to see a list of Voyager episodes that are worth watching. I wonder if that list will be short or not.

About as short as this gif.

I love the concept, but I the episodes I saw where just… Not great.

There’s a lot of decent episodes of Voyager. The secret to enjoying them is to watch them all out of order. Just shuffle them up completely, since no Voyager episode is reliant on another, except maybe the pilot. If you watch it in order, that will bother you. If you watch them shuffled, you’ll think the inconsistencies are because you’re watching them shuffled.

Here’s a good review site I used to read at the time. I’m happy to see that it’s still up:

https://www.jammersreviews.com/st-voy/

You can decide which ones to watch, maybe 2.5 stars and above? 3 stars and above episodes? But do remember to shuffle.

This made my day.

I’m going to make an admission. I never watched Enterprise. Should I even bother? You guys know my taste in Trek at this point.

Don’t feel bad, I never made it past the first season of Enterprise.

I made it 3 episodes into Season 3 before finally giving up, and then coming back for the last 6 episodes of Season 4, since the show was ending.

There are the occasional good episodes, but they are more rare than on Voyager.

https://i.imgur.com/fGxfeEC.gif

Ok, I’ll just go back to living my life again.

The good thing about waiting for DS9 is you get the payoff of the most consistently good Trek at the end. The problem is the slog to get to it, and it would be quite understandable to lose the momentum required.

Enterprise had an occasional good episode and a few interesting characters, but it suffered from what I refer to as “Oh, crap - this isn’t working so let’s shake it up” syndrome, pretty much every other episode. I’d say it’s quite missable unless you’ve finished with DS9 and just want to dabble in it.

Enterprise is better than Voyager, worse than TNG. Does that help?

It also has great actors from DS 9

Which TNG?

This is the only Voyager episode I REALLY liked.

One of the actresses later became a somewhat regular on Enterprise, before she died IRL.

:(

The one with the spaceships.

I meant the S1/S2/Fistfull of Datas/SubRosa TNG or the S4 TNG?

I’m just thinking in aggregate. It never hits the peaks of TNG but doesn’t fall into the troughs either. It’s middle of the road.

Which episode has Data possessed by multiple alien gods? I thought that it really but the actor through his passes, and Brent Spinner did a great job.

Masks. That last season of TNG is certainly great…

Sure was, Pegasus and Parallels, for example, are some of the best episodes in the series.