More Star Trek: TNG?

Look, which one flies faster and further?

This

or this

It’s aerodynamics man, ergo it is science ;)

Fact this guy has a hose connected because there is no air in Space (science does count, it’s Star Trek!..waitaminnit…J.J. :( ).

So that hollow Frisbee is about as aerodynamic as this thing:

Hey, a torus has pretty good aerodynamics. I think you’re on to something!

My god! What have you lunatics done to my nice thread?

You are aware you started a thread about the Star Trek at Qt3, right?

https://i.imgur.com/TpPOxlf.gif

Wait. This isn’t Reddit?

This makes @ArmandoPenblade’s use of horizontal lines seem sane and rational.

The way to do this is just bring back Picard. He’s retired doing (or teaching?) archaeology and gets pulled back in for whatever reason.

How about this? Picard becomes a virtuoso squeaky little flute thingy player. He travels all over the galaxy giving concerts. But in reality he is a deep cover Federation fixer. The planets he goes to have problems that only he can solve. There can be cameos by other TNG and DS9 characters.

I loved NG and still think it’s the best overall, but stuff needs to end. It sucks that it ended on Nemesis, but let’s be real: if that movie had been good, then they would have made another one and so on until they hit one that sucked. There was no other way it was going to end.

It’s just a shame that we never got a great TNG movie. Nemesis sucked, but I still thought it was slightly better than the rest of them.

Generations - This was a neat idea. Contemplate what it means to have paradise, and what it would take for you to willingly leave paradise. Mix in there a resolution to the Duras Sisters plot from the show, Data showing emotions, crashing the Enterprise, and killing James Kirk? The movie was trying to be epic, it just didn’t quite achieve anything in a satisfying way.

First Contact - Idea here was to retcon the Borg, and Picard’s Lacutus character. Instead of the character development we got in “I, Borg” where we learn that Picard is not hell bent on revenge, and that the Borg were a collective with no leaders; we instead learn that Picard really wanted to mow down the Borg with a Tommy gun and that he remembered that oh yes, the Borg did indeed have a leader after all. Yuck. The worst of the Trek movies for me by far, because of the way it discarded so many cool things about the Borg from the TV show.

Insurrection - For anyone who saw the first two and said “for god’s sake, stop trying to give us big and epic and just give us the equivalent of a decent episode of TNG”; be careful what you wish for. What we got was a decent episode of TNG. But the fact that it was a movie made you feel cheated somehow. Wait a minute, just an episode of TNG? Why am I going to a movie theater for this?

Nemesis - Ok, so we got an epic movie this time. They decided to ape Wrath of Khan. We get a fun action sequence on a Dune buggy, but more importantly, we get to contemplate what would Picard be like if his upbringing was not in France and Starfleet, but a Romulan upbringing instead? Also, let’s have a final epic battle between the two ships commanded by Picard and Fake Picard. I don’t know, it has a lot of flaws, but at least it was better than the other three movies.

Fun? Possibly the dopiest action moment in all Trekdom?

It was still better than “oh yeah, I remember there was always a Borg queen”.

Well then at least we all agree that the TNG movies kinda sucked.

Point and game.

I always got the feeling that they came up with a good idea for an episode and then padded it out to movie length for them.

Lets just say sucked and leave it there.

I like First Contact best (which is probably no surprise to @Navaronegun) , but that’s mainly for watching James Cromwell ham it up.

I like the Borg as a concept but I never thought Trek did all that much with them. They’re a virus, or the embodiment of grey goo. They were more interesting the less human they acted.

Heck with that noise. Anything that retcons TOS goes into the ashbin of history.

This is Zefram Cochrane. That is Cromwell doing a bad “Doc” from Back to the Future impression.