More Star Trek: TNG?

You. You are my hero, @Djscman !

Honestly I had no idea how you played a piccolo. Point taken. Props to your grandpa.

OTOH this show is way in the future. So maybe they made a better piccolo. Like I said. A space piccolo. :)

Special Guest Star:

I have this t-shirt.

You should too.

And only on Friday Night!

I enjoy watching the episode with the space hippies. It’s such a distillation of the times. Even though it’s a horrible parody.

Charles Napier. This guy. Hippie. Hilarious.

Indeed.

We have both types of music.

Country and western.

Nice work.

Well done. I wish there was a gif of him in that episode.

That episode did teach me not to walk around barefoot outside. Well, that and stepping on a bee once, but I needed Star Trek to reinforce the lesson.

It’s too bad they used up the Borg so quickly. They go from not caring at all about humans to assimilating humans to being basically human over the course of a few episodes. An episode like “I, Borg” might be a good idea, but it should have been saved until much later.

As for Khan, I doubt they can find an actor who is capable of pulling it off. (I didn’t watch it, but I’m just going to assume that Benedict Cumberbatch didn’t do a great job filling in Ricardo Montalban’s shoes.) If they’re smart, they’ll at least try finding an actor from India.

I give this post two thumbs up.

Finally, I’m making my way back to a mainstream opinion! Can I rejoin the hivemind?

I liked what he did, but it didn’t make a lot of sense. I kept waiting for someone to explain why Khan was now a white guy, did they perform surgery on him to help him go incognito? But it just never gets addressed.

But it makes the bit where he has his dramatic reveal and says to the camera, “I am Khan … Noonien … SINGH.” kind of funny.

OK, you’re free again buddy. I love ya!

Ricardo Montalban was a true mensch. He had really bad back problems when they filmed the second movie. Did you know that his chest was a prosthetic? In the movie, that is. Under it was a metal back brace. He was a fucking trooper. He was in pain the whole time.