More than 70% of American boys have played GTA

More than 70 percent of American teenage boys have played the violent but popular “Grand Theft Auto” video games, and they are more likely to have been in a fight than those who have not played, according to a new Gallup company poll released on Tuesday.

Although the study showed twice as many boys who had played the criminal adventure game reported having been in a fight in the last year, the survey’s authors cautioned that did not prove a link between game violence and real-life behavior.

Man, dats why I lock the doors and keep a Glock handy while drivin’ :)

Glock? You liberal pussy. It’s all about the 1911 with a .40 S&W as a backup piece. ;)

I ain’t even mentioned mah Desert Eagle .50 … you liberal pussy! :lol:

Bah, guns are for pussies. Real men carry flame throwers.

Damn. He’s got me there.

I admit it. I’m a eunich.

Don’t make me pull out mah BFG!

Yer all wusses. Ah use mah Cobra Strike Eagle III bowie knife with a tungsten serrated edge fer trespassers. It ain’t really a good killin’ if ah don’t get drenched in heart blood.

• spits *

On the other hand,

“Guns are for amateurs, knives are for professionals”

:D

I think the phrase was, “Guns for show. Knives for a pro.”

It was supposed to rhyme and all. But you get points in my book for attempting to quote it. ;)

Is there something you’d like to tell us, Soap?

Poor Glock, so maligned these days. But, if you get most of your gun information from the movies, be sure to go to this site for information on sights that work while holding your Glock sideways. You knife guys might also be interested in the Glock ‘n’ Gut bayonet attachment.

yeah, yeah,

Maybe these redneck instigators who already had a predisposition to fight have sought out this game and played it in great numbers relative to their population percentage.

Correlation does not prove causation. The general public who doesn’t understand this may suck my perverbial member, or I may have to kick their ass.

When I visit LA I usually take the 12 gauge autoloader, the .45 long-slide with laser sighting, the Phazed plastic rifle in 40-watt range and the Uzi nine-millimetre.

:lol:

It’s good to go light like that. Just like fly fishing, you gotta use light tackle to get the best challenge.

Hey, just what you see pal. :P :P :P

Phased plasma rifle, dammit. :wink:

Nuke the site from orbit; it’s the only way to be sure.

• Alan

Man, I’m listening to dub reading this thread. Keep it up, fellas. You’ve got me chuckling deep down in my esophagus. It’s helping my dinner digest. Some nights, it all comes together. Heh.

What interests me in that study is inthe numbers: approximately 2/3 of boys have played GTA3 and approximately 2/3 of boys who have fought have played GTA3 (within the significant 5% error given). So boys who play GTA3 have, by this study, no statistical prediliction towards being more or less likely to be in a fight than any other boys.

Empirical data against a causal relationship between game playing and violence. Good.

What do I pack on long trips?

10 millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing round. Why?