Morrowind Game of the year Edition-XBOX

Well, I checked Gamespy and they had it listed as a 10/27 ship date. After not playing it for about 7 or 8 months now it’ll almost be like a whole new game.

(raps fingers on table, looks bored)

I’m not impatient or anything.

Say, it is going to be the fully patched versions on this DVD, right?

It doesn’t included the improved journal, or the ability to annotate maps, but otherwise it’s the fully updated PC version .

Yeah its supposed to be patched (although it doesn’t include the journal improvements). I’m not sure if its going to make the 27th though. There was a post by someone from Bethesda on the Gone Gold forums that the game was almost done but was looking at an early November release.

Edited: Oops, Desslock beat me to it!

Do you know if the journal improvements will be available through subsequent Xbox Live patches?

My guts say no because Morrowind was not designed to take advantage of XBox Live. It’s just not incorporated into Morrowind in any way. But I don’t know 100%, though.

I’d have to agree with this. They’ve had 1 1/2 years to patch the original game, a year with Xbox live being available, and they never have. I don’t think they are planning to start now.

Probably those enhancements were left out because they’d be clunky with a game controller, more than as a “oh they forgot that” issue.

I see different dates on different sites, ranging from the 14th (ahem) to the 27th. Bthesda’s own site seems to not have a peep posted about it. Odd, but I didn’t see a link to their forums anywhere either. Did I just miss it, or did they take them down?

I see different dates on different sites, ranging from the 14th (ahem) to the 27th. Bthesda’s own site seems to not have a peep posted about it.

First week of November. Bethesda’s press release taken from Console Gold.

Morrowind: GOTY News [Xbox]
We wanted to let you know that we’re now taking pre-orders for the Morrowind Game of the Year edition for Xbox and PC, as well as for our new Game of the Year hint book, on our online store: http://orders.bethsoft.com.

The Morrowind GotY edition allows Xbox gamers to continue their existing game of Morrowind and experience all the new content from the two Morrowind expansions, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Explore the frozen wastelands of Soltsheim or the capital city of Mournhold as you undertaken new quests, fight new creatures, and discover new armor, weapons, and more.

The Morrowind Prophecies GotY edition is a new, expanded version of our best-selling hint book that includes new chapters covering the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions. This new, larger format is jammed with more than 400 pages of maps, creature info, weapon and armor lists, and walkthroughs for every quest in the game. It’s the ultimate companion for the huge world of Morrowind, Bloodmoon, and Tribunal and covers both the Xbox and PC versions of the game.

The Morrowind GotY edition for PC comes with the original Morrowind plus both expansions and the TES CS, plus a new map that covers all three games, all for under $30.

All three Game of the Year products will ship the first week of November.
Place your order today!

Some folks have reported in Bethesda’s forums that they’ve received the GOTY edition of Prophecies already.

Peter

We’re shipping first week in November. The map annotation didn’t make it in because of interface - just too clunky. The sorted journal didn’t make it in because of the parsing that is required to convert the old mw journal into the sorted version, just took too long on an Xbox, especially if you had a lot of entries in your journal.

All the other stuff from patches made it - enemy health bar, difficulty slider, etc…we tried to bring it up to as close to current PC version as possible.

Morrowind: GOTY News [Xbox]
We wanted to let you know that we’re now taking pre-orders for the Morrowind Game of the Year edition for Xbox and PC, as well as for our new Game of the Year hint book, on our online store: http://orders.bethsoft.com.

The Morrowind Prophecies GotY edition is a new, expanded version of our best-selling hint book that includes new chapters covering the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions. This new, larger format is jammed with more than 400 pages of maps, creature info, weapon and armor lists, and walkthroughs for every quest in the game. It’s the ultimate companion for the huge world of Morrowind, Bloodmoon, and Tribunal and covers both the Xbox and PC versions of the game.

[/quote]

Hm. An upgraded hint book. Does this mean Desslock will be updating his own book? Hmmm…?

Shame you didn’t offer a sorted journal option for people who haven’t played the original Morrowind or people who wanted to create a new save (don’t have to worry about converting for either one). It’s gonna be a pain in the ass sorting through all of those quest the old fashioned way.

Certainly the improved quest journalling is nice, but I found that I ended up playing Morrowind and expansions keeping only to one or two open quests at a time just to avoid dealing with the journal.

The revised journal (which doesn’t always work, in any event) is nice if you take long breaks and then try to pick up the game again, and don’t remember what you had left to do. But I never really used the journal, let alone the annotated map function.

Does this mean Desslock will be updating his own book? Hmmm…?

No, I’ll go mad.

Go?

Ordinarily I’d make a “dilletente (sp)” joke right about now, but I remember how big that thing was. There’s so much stuff in Morrowind that it’s one of the nfew games where I really feel like I need a guide to keep it all straight. Well, at least after not playing for so long.

I’m heading to my local game store today to sell my copy of Morrowind. They’ll still give $8 for it, and I’m not going to need it when the GOTY comes out.

Shame you didn’t offer a sorted journal option for people who haven’t played the original Morrowind or people who wanted to create a new save (don’t have to worry about converting for either one). It’s gonna be a pain in the ass sorting through all of those quest the old fashioned way.[/quote]

This was strongly considered, but we ultimately decided to just leave it as is. Too confusing to have two different functionalities. Perhaps in hindsight, it wouldn’t have been too bad. Maybe for Morrowind Game of the Decade edition :D

I won’t pick this up because I play the pc version, but I do think that making this available at that price point is really really cool.

Yes, it is. I’ll be picking it up. I sold my older version 3 months ago knowing about this.

I’m having all kinds of problems with this game on the Xbox. Basically, every time I’m outside doing anything, the game at best pauses for a few seconds every time I do something important (kill an enemy, open inventory screen, etc.), at worst just totally crashes. I’ve deleted the save data for the regular Morrowind game as per Bethesda’s instructions, but it didn’t help at all. Is there anything else I can do, short of buying a new Xbox (which I don’t think I need given that all of my other games are working just fine)?

PC games might break for me pretty often, but there’s always at least the possibility of fixing them. With a console game, what do you do?

Experiencing the same thing here. And I never had the old Morrowind on my Xbox so it’s definitely not anything related w/ that.