Morrowind: Ten years later and it's still an amazing game

Anyone familiar with modding ompenmw (on linux/Steam Deck) that can help me out? This thing is being a pain in the ass.

I’ve got a couple simple mods to test- Better Heads, signpost replacer, just so I can load into the game quickly to see if they’re working. I’m pretty sure I’m following the instructions on Modding-OpenMW correctly-

• download the mod, extract to Home/deck/games/etc.
  • copy that folder path in the file explorer
  • open openmw.cfg, add a line data=“(paste path from above)”
  • save file

Nothing happens. I have a test data file, and I’m pretty sure it’s the one I’m working on since I turned off the Tribunal and Bloodmoon .esm files in it, and they aren’t showing up at the end of the config file when I edit it. I load up the game and the signs/heads aren’t replaced, though. I’m stumped.

I wish the journal was more manageable on XSX. I forget things easily and paging through that thing is such a best with a controller. I’d love to play it for real instead if getting frustrated after an hour or two.

I’ve been fooling around with mods again and came across this - Star Wars full conversion mod.

Looks very well done

Balmora (I remembered) does sort of look like Mos Eisley.

This is the most exciting thing happening with MW at the moment - at this rate the entire game will be fully voiced by the end of this year.

The mods this community are coming out with are just insane.

Thanks for posting these! Morrowind will always have a special place in my heart even if it’s a kinda sorta bad game :P

I’ve started messing around with the construction set to make my own mods now lol.

This mod is basically Siofra River from Elden Ring.

Or you know Skyrim’s Blackreach, or Ultima’s Underworld, or D&D’s Underdark, or The Lord of the Ring’s Moria…

Morrowind fishing

I loved the setting. It felt alien, and the scattered Imperial colonialism just added to that.

Then add the world full of unreliable narrators and heaps of mystery, and a main plot that directly forces you to engage with history and legend as an adventuring historian, exploring dangerous places to find out the real truth instead of the propaganda…

Yeah, never played a game that was so immersive.

Happy New Life Festival Day, outlanders!

This ended up as my most played game for 2023 as it turns out - should still be going strong for the 22nd anniversary this year.

Modding continues faster than I can keep up with it.

Animation Blending

IR Tracking

Just lots of cool looking stuff.

Here’s to an even better 2024!!

Well after getting more crashes than I could handle on MWSE, I finally made the jump I never thought I would across to OpenMW. Yeah there are some mods I miss, but playing with no crashes - ever - does go a long way.

Plus it still looks pretty good!

oh shit I just discovered OpenMW volumetric clouds and shaders