Mortal Kombat 11 - Boonality!

That’s some grim reading.

It’s like the poor people who work on filtering disturbing images or videos from Facebook or Youtube, except way worse. At least in those cases all you’re trying to do is determine as quickly as possible whether the content is inappropriate, rather than examine every minute detail of it. And there’s some sort of meaning to the work, since it’s at least protecting other people from that content.

Not sure a cartoon game is worse in this case… but whatevs.

Cartoon game?

Full roster from the Kombat pack leaked. I think I am most excited about Spawn…whom is the last to release sadly.

Some good analysis:

More story mode DLC!

Some nice additional content for the base game too, even if you don’t buy the expansion.

EVO went to an all-online event this year, and with Japanese games largely being unable to make competent netcode, the entire roster is American games now.

MK got returned to the lineup, alongside Killer Instinct (which I consider to be the best overall package in the fighting game market this generation), Skullgirls, and Them’s Fighting Herds (a reskinned My Little Pony fighter with reskinned designs made by Lauren Faust)

I’m not bothering, as online tournies tend to be miserable experiences, but I’m glad the community finally did a stand towards inferior Japanese netcode. Even the Japanese community is angry now since their arcades shut down and now they have to deal with their inferior netplay.

I did not realize there were Mortal Kombats after the first.

Cool.

The resting animations are kind of mesmerizing.

I don’t know what the point of the stance switch button is.

9:36 killed me

Just to be clear that is MKX, not the current MK11. Lots of folks disliked the animations.

Stance switch is used for some character’s advanced move sets.

The animations in MK11 are a bit better, but still way below the standards of every other major game in the genre.

This is the video for 11 I meant to share originally:

https://youtu.be/2MjM1X7FbZ4