Mosque shooting in Christchurch, NZ

Yeah, the video is not good, I was on twitter and part of it autoplayed, so be careful. It is about as nightmarish as you would expect a live-streamed mass shooting to be. You can turn autoplay off in settings.

In stark contrast to the above …

NZ authorities are urging people to stay clear of all mosques in the country.

I’m in shock. The handful of mass shootings we’ve had in our country (David Grey and David Bain) still feel raw. We’re a tiny country; everyone’s affected by this. The Spinoff’s gathered some key details.

Yeah, for our New Zealand residents and expats, I’m so, so sorry. Dunno what else to say.

Well said. Same.

Police confirm 9 fatalities so far, but the New Zealand Herald says 27 at least.

I appreciate it. It’s just such a tragedy. Even though we’re a pretty secular country, I feel there’s a lot of respect for people who practice any form of religion here. I’ve never encountered any alt-right support or sentiment ever. It recently became a public debate when Stefan Molyneux tried to promote his shit here. His show got canned, and since he’s a grifter and didn’t want to practice free speech in one of our public parks, he left the country. I’ll be joining a rally tonight to show solidarity for the victims.

This will haunt the country for decades. Christchurch has been struggling to recover from the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes, which devastated the city. So many people left. It will never be the same again. I really, really hope the NZ Herald’s got it wrong.

Goddammit what is wrong with some people. My thoughts are with all good Kiwis right now, particularly the Muslim ones.

TVNZ live coverage:

He sounds like the typical 8channer. Life is memes.

There’s no reason to read anything that dude wrote. He’s a racist lunatic. There’s nothing of value that anyone can learn from him, beyond perhaps some kind of criminology crap that someone could learn about recognizing these pieces of garbage.

He was a crazy racist fuck. The end.

I saw the video. Very sad. Very disturbing.

I’m even more alarmed that in the midst of this, Trump links out to Breitbart, where some readers are celebrating this.