Most Chaotic Racing Games?

My god the Pacific Rift track Sugar Rush Sweet Spot might be one of the craziest tracks I’ve ever raced on. I felt lucky to get 8th.

So the original Motorstorm arrived today. Feels a bit different than Pacific Rift but I’m still liking it very much, still very chaotic!

Finally, after a dozen attempts, I got #1 in the first race in Motorstorm. It was exhausting and wonderful. I wonder, is Pacific Rift EASIER than the original?

I actually seem to recall some folk saying that but I never played the original so couldn’t say. Given how tough Pacific Rift can be that sounds pretty rough though so well done!

Yeah it was grueling but totally worth it.

I’m trying to recall the name of a racing game.

think it was a Swedish developer but I’m looking for a PSX/Windows era racer in the vein of Super Sprint/Iron Man Ivan Stewart off road that I can’t remember the name of. External perspective arcade racing from the 00s I can’t remember the name of—sensible racing or something.

So I’m going through this list.

You might wanna look through it because nothing is hitting me.

My first thought was something by Bugbear (Finland) then I saw the name at the end. DICE is Swedish, but I don’t think any of theirs match that.

Thanks. DICE made Motorhead which was great for 3D accelerators of its time. I’ll keep looking and maybe try the /r/tipofmyjoystick subreddit

Let us know if you figure it out!

Won a couple more races in Motorstorm after numerous attempts and I was just exhausted afterward. So grueling, but wow, so worth it, as it felt REALLY great to finally get first place.

So someone on my Discord recommended the RiptideGP games, such as:

So I just got it on the sale (both games are DIRT cheap as part of this bundle):

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5848/Riptide_GP_Bundle/

And hollllly hell that was fun! Can’t wait to play more!

Arise thread, we have another contender! This game just dropped:

And it definitely has Split/Second and Motorstorm in its DNA. VERY fun so far if you’re looking wacky chaotic racing!

Yeah I saw that and did a double take: sloths in turbo steamrollers, and… it looks good?

There was another I saw recently… uhh, oh:

Trail Out!

How chaotic do you want? The story stuff looks hilariously bad.

It actually is hilariously bad.

Are we talking Full Auto levels of bad?

They’ve done some patching to it since I tried it at launch but the cars felt so floaty even I had a problem with it, and I tolerate a lot from my racing games. I’ve not yet gone back to it.

I think you should play some more Turbo Sloths, so you can tell us how it is 😁

I’ve played a few races and so far am really enjoying it.

Are you talking about Trail Out? That was the impression I got from one of the negative user reviews too.