Most Chaotic Racing Games?

Oh I do have Excite Truck, I keep forgetting I have it. Thani you.

I’ll look into Smuggler’s Run!

So is Warzones the same as Smugglers Run 2 on the PS2?

I think I’m confusing this and Hard Truck Apocalypse, but either way, I’m on board!

-Tom

It’s this one for the Wii!

I’ll give a shout to Cranks and Goggles, even though I’m pretty sure it’s not quite what you’re looking for. It’s a top-down racer—a genre I know some here absolutely love—set in the early days of open wheel grand prix racing (~1920s), so it’s plenty chaotic, but more grounded than the others here.

I love the theming and art direction, but it was actually pretty disappointing for me as a game, and I doubt it sold well enough to ever get an improved sequel. Still, it might be worth a look after someone’s gone through about dozen or so others of the genre and wants more.

But hey, an upshot of it being a commercial bomb is that it’s now only $2 at full price.

It’s such a wonderful game. The motion controls and air-spinning do take some practice though.

Yes, it’s the Gamecube version. Presumably I picked that over the PS2 for better split-screen performance and 4-player support.

You might enjoy Nail’d. It’s like a dollar.

Let’s all pour one out for Midnight Club LA.

-Tom

Ohh totally picking this one up, thank you!

Got it I’ll keep an eye out for both PS2 and GameCube versions as I can play both.

Oh I already own this, thanks for the reminder!

That reminds me also about Fuel, which I also own.

A wonderful racer to be sure (I’ve multi-dipped on both PS3 and 360) but not quite the kind of chaos I’m looking for, to be honest.

Doing more research, I’d forgotten there was a Blizzard game called Rock N’ Roll racing, which looks promising. There’s also a sequel called Red Asphalt that looks VERY promising.

Ha! Yeah, that’s the one I think of most with BlazeRush. Rock ‘n’ Roll Racing meets Micro Machines V3. Used to love that game on the SNES.

Sorry which one?

Oh sorry, Rock ‘n’ Roll Racing!

Oh okay got it. I think I’ll get the Switch version.

OnRush is incredible. But it’s a competitive driving game, rather than a racing game. Made by most of the folks behind Motorstorm.

Is it still running? I thought it was shut down.

Oh you can still buy it on the PS Store apparently.

ReVolt? Or not violent enough?

I do agree the iRacing rookies series should be included. Not sure which is worse, the road side or the oval. The chat is definitely worse on the oval side.

Oh ReVolt is a good contender, yes, especially since it just hit GoG.

How about Blur? It’s a few years old though, may be hard to find.