Most Chaotic Racing Games?

My first thought was something by Bugbear (Finland) then I saw the name at the end. DICE is Swedish, but I don’t think any of theirs match that.

Thanks. DICE made Motorhead which was great for 3D accelerators of its time. I’ll keep looking and maybe try the /r/tipofmyjoystick subreddit

Let us know if you figure it out!

Won a couple more races in Motorstorm after numerous attempts and I was just exhausted afterward. So grueling, but wow, so worth it, as it felt REALLY great to finally get first place.

So someone on my Discord recommended the RiptideGP games, such as:

So I just got it on the sale (both games are DIRT cheap as part of this bundle):

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5848/Riptide_GP_Bundle/

And hollllly hell that was fun! Can’t wait to play more!

Arise thread, we have another contender! This game just dropped:

And it definitely has Split/Second and Motorstorm in its DNA. VERY fun so far if you’re looking wacky chaotic racing!

Yeah I saw that and did a double take: sloths in turbo steamrollers, and… it looks good?

There was another I saw recently… uhh, oh:

Trail Out!

How chaotic do you want? The story stuff looks hilariously bad.

It actually is hilariously bad.

Are we talking Full Auto levels of bad?

They’ve done some patching to it since I tried it at launch but the cars felt so floaty even I had a problem with it, and I tolerate a lot from my racing games. I’ve not yet gone back to it.

I think you should play some more Turbo Sloths, so you can tell us how it is 😁

I’ve played a few races and so far am really enjoying it.

Are you talking about Trail Out? That was the impression I got from one of the negative user reviews too.

Sorry yeah I was referring to Trail Out.

The game turned out to be Ignition.

Oh nice that looks like a lot of fun.

So I have this on PS3 but when I realised it was once available on PC I thought… how would this look on a 55" 4K OLED in the year 2023, 13 years later? And especially split-screen? It’s nowhere to be found legally aside from grey market key resellers, but I checked out My Abandonware and downloaded ‘Repack by R.G.Mechanics’, followed the instructions and… my god, it works beautifully. 4K 60FPS, anti-aliasing and everything. I honestly had more trouble getting NFS: Unbound working on Game Pass, linking my EA account with Microsoft etc. Better yet: using Amax Emu I was able to get online multiplayer working again too. Why is this not available to buy anywhere? It still works! Dog bless PC gaming.

Look how cool the race intros are:

https://streamable.com/w0oooa

The soundtrack reminds me of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift’s, minus all the rock and metal, I think. It’s glorious:

https://streamable.com/6vqsqs

Here’s me (on my own) hooking up two more controllers for split-screen (room for a fourth!):

https://streamable.com/b88yir

And here’s online!

I’d only ever played this split-screen on PS3 with friends but the single-player campaign has been a blast too. It’s rough that this was Bizarre’s last game because it’s so bloody good. I never would have expected Mario Kart meets Need for Speed to work but there you go. The handling is arcade-y with cars ranging from ‘very drifty’ through balanced to ‘very grippy’ but I’ve been enjoying the driving model, especially after NFS: Unbound which seemed incredibly fussy with really awkward drifting and boosting. Anyway, solo, local or online: Blur is a great time if you want some quality chaotic racing.

A guy came into the shop yesterday who is a huge need for speed fan. We got to reminiscing about the original Most Wanted, and how amazing the cop chases in that have could be. Just glorious chaos.

We put this decal on his windshield:

Funny how it became a good series of games when it was originally a demo to show off how Nvidia Tegra chips outperform all the other android devices, with the Nvidia Shield being a game-focused TV android thing and later the Shield 2 became what’s now known as the Nintendo Switch.

Well now I’mma have to try this. Thank you!!