Most disturbing scene you've ever watched in a movie?

Does TV count? The scene in Game of Thrones where The Mountain squashed the Prince’s head into a glob. … or during the Red Wedding where one guy knifed the pregnant bride on the stomach. … or what about that bathtub scene in Breaking Bad Season 1?

That’s like cheating, or else it would be the Hannibal thread >:-(

Ugh … okay. I think the movies I have seen must be pretty mild in comparison to the TV junks I spent my time on.

I think TV should be fair game given this thread’s location on the forum.

Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers did it for me. It’s a terrible movie. Just terrible. But the scene of the killer drowning someone in an outhouse has stuck in my head forever. I’ve watched a Serbian Film, Martyrs, and Salo, but for some reason, that stupid outhouse drowning got me more than anything.

I don’t think I knew Sleepaway Camp got a sequel, I definitely didn’t see it. Did it involve Angela killing another bunch of campers?

The title of the topic is quite explicit. Also TV is rarely as explicit as movies…

YUP. This is the correct answer.

Many of the scenes in Charlie Victor Romeo - which is a straight up 3D filming of a stage play on a fairly minimalist set with a black background, a rotating set of characters played by the same handful of actors, and very few cuts.

It is also features some of the most intense and disturbing scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie, as it is a straight up word-for-word dramatization of transcripts from six air accidents in the 80’s and early 90’s, and you have no idea what the outcome will be (some end up A-OK, some of them everyone dies, some of them in the middle).

My wife walked away half-way through, and at one point I started laughing just out of sheer nerves/intensity.

Thanks for the link. Great review. That last scene is more of a punch to the gut as seen viewing the complete movie. I liked Enemy, but it needs to be viewed more than once to appreciate the meaning, if you ever really get it.

Yeah, the scene in question from GoT is definitely a notch or two beneath the fire extinguisher drubbing in Irreversible.

Yes, unfortunately. A different person plays “Angela” but it’s supposed to be the same killer.

Stupid horror movie knowledge time! Angela was played by Felissa Rose in the original Sleepaway Camp. She left acting and went back to school after that movie. In the meanwhile, the producers made Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 with Pamela Springsteen (younger sister of the more famous Bruce) playing Angela.

Sleepaway Camp became a niche little gay cult movie over the years for its transgender and 80’s campiness, but neither the original director, Robert Hiltzik, nor Felissa Rose, knew about it. In fact, Hiltzik had retired from directing and became a lawyer in NY. Around 2000, a web admin for a fan site got in contact with Hiltzik and Rose and clued them in on the popularity of the movie. Motivated by the idea that there was gold in them thar gay hills, Hiltzik and Rose decided to get back together, but they wouldn’t be able to make a follow-up for a couple of years.

To raise some money and to see how popular his camp film was, Robert Hiltzik took a bunch of unused footage from Sleepaway Camp 1, 2, and 3, filmed some new garbage on the cheap, and wrapped it all together as Sleepaway Camp 4. It was a sort of “best of” compilation movie meant for the horror con circuit.

Hiltzik and Rose made Return to Sleepaway Camp in 2003, which wouldn’t actually be released until 2008 due to financing issues. Return to Sleepaway Camp ignored the all the previous sequels and was a direct follow-up to the original film.

Felissa Rose, returned to horror acting big time. Spurred by horror convention appearance money and popularity, she worked in a bunch of direct-to-video/streaming Z-tier films throughout the 2000’s.

Have I mentioned that I know way too much about the Sleepaway Camp movies?

Holy shit dude. You’ve been holding out on us.

Interesting. Not on Netflix. May have to order it.

It’s fairly brief, but the dog in The Lobster was really upsetting to me.

The first thing that jumps to mind is the scene in The Sixth Sence, where Cole gets locked into a closet with a ghost in it, by some kids at some party. Particularly the bit where the kids are standing outside and you just hear the screaming…

Not very gruesome compared to most off the stuff above I’m sure, but that just makes me awefully glad I didn’t see most of that stuff…

As a child of the cold war, I was deeply disturbed by Linda Hamilton’s “flashback” in Terminator 2. The flaming skeleton grasping the chain link fence was the icing on the cake.

In the US maybe.

The most extreme things I have seen on TV were both in Fortitude, which is British, so I think you may be on to something.

I can think of half a dozen scenes from Jam alone that are as disturbing as most things in this thread, and that’s a comedy. Also, you know, Black Mirror.