Most humiliating gaming experience

Had to leave in the middle of a Ghost Recon TWL 8v8 match because I was being arrested. The funniest part (to me) was the clan leader’s response.

“Guys, I gotta go, I’m being arrested.”
“Yep, go ahead.”

As if it was a normal occurence. I think we still won.

Thread’s probably over after that one.

Not until we know what he was being arrested for.

I know its cheezy, but timeless nonetheless http://www.guildmirage.com/has_anybody.htm

What makes it worse is when the main tank keeps running through it, intentionally getting hit. And surviving. I know it’s the stereotypical excuse, but most of my Frogger failures were lag. Even the other folks in the raid agreed once they saw were my body landed.

If we don’t limit it to video games, my most humiliating gaming experience was back when Magic the Gathering was new and hot. I was friends with one of the managers of my local comic book/RPG/Warhammer miniatures nerd emporium. There was also another manager who I didn’t know very well, and he thought CCGs were stupid.

So, one of the first expansions for Magic was coming out (I want to say Arabian Nights, but I can’t remember for certain), but I knew from previous conversations with my manager buddy that the first shipment the store got was going to be relatively small. I told him I’d call down to check when the shipment was arriving, he said he’d let me know and hold a few boxes if I got there quickly.

So, the morning the expansion was supposed to ship, I called down to find out when the local distributor said the first shipment was coming, it could be the early morning truck or the noon truck. Someone picked up, and I just sort of automatically said “Hey, so what’s the ETA on Arabian Nights?”, thinking I’ve got my buddy on the line, for a call from me he’s expecting.

But it was the other guy, not my buddy. He said it should be here soon and hung up. I wandered down to the store, and he was shooting the breeze with the other manager as I wandered over.

“SO THEN, this just HOPELESS LOSER goes “What’s the ETA on Arabian Nights.”, like it’s some incoming drug shipment or uncut diamonds or something. HAW HAW!”

I slunk away to pretend to look at the new comics rack.

Aaah, that’s not a you’re-lame story, that’s a he’s-lame story. Anyone geeky enough to work at a fuckin’ nerd emporium has no business shit-talking the clientele. Hopefully they fired his ass soon thereafter for rank incompetence!

Well, maybe so, but man, I felt humiliated at the time.

Agree. /thread

C’mon, we need to at least wait for Tom to talk about that review he wrote.

Right?

:-)

reported

;)

Which game?

Not telling. Was over 4 years ago though. :)

Sounds like it set your expectations for online gaming at about the right level.

This didn’t happen to me, but rather to one of my friends. We were taking a quick single-player break during a LAN party, and he fired up Age of Empires for a bit. Early on in the mission, one of his warriors got a little too close to one of the wild elephants, and it took offense, killing all of his peasants and chasing the lone warrior all over the map before finally slaying him.

Whenever I bring that up, the rejoinder is invariably about how I got utterly raped and similarly annihilated by Mindworms during one of our SMAC sessions. For some reason, the indigenous lifeforms don’t like us much.

Otherwise, you should see me play Modern Warfare 2.

http://digg.com/d31C8Fq

Probably every other match I play in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 online raises the bar a tiny bit more each time. I have a terrible love, hate relationship with that game…

1. My two brothers, father, and I used to play WorldsAway together about a decade and a half ago. There was always this magic shop that was locked and we couldn’t figure out how to get in. We finally asked someone and they sent us an “ESP” saying “Press Alt+F4.” Together, as a family, we did it. What a noob family we were.

Looking back, why the hell did we play a socialization game together as a family.

2. Everytime I fail crowning a witch in L4D (often) I feel so stupid and embarrassed.

You devil.

My initial thought was Humans (actually, it was Quarantine, but your definition of games for kids and my definition of games for kids…anyway) but then I recalled that you weren’t even married yet.

Hmm…did it involve pets, perhaps?

When I used to play Counterstrike, I went 0-26 on de_prodigy once. Must have been a good long while ago - seven or eight years. I had a shoddy connection and about ten fps, but still. These days I’d laugh it off, but as a surly teenager I wasn’t a happy bunny.

Oh, and pretty much every one on one PvP engagement I ever had in WoW as a Holy Paladin, back during the time I played. I love twitch-based MP and like to think I’m pretty decent, but I don’t think I won a single fight in WoW, ever. Anything more complicated than run, jump, point and shoot and my fingers go haywire. I mean, I wasn’t an ideal class, spec, or loadout either, but man it was infuriating to just get jumped on and munched by some twelve-year old scandinavian douche when I was out doing my own thing, powerless to stop it every single time. I thought it’d get better with the raids, but then the twelve-year old is just moaning on and on in teamspeak instead of /spitting on you. Not the game for me, I decided.