Most overall replayed game(s)

I restarted a game of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3 recently, and it occurred to me that this may be one of my favorite games of all time because I can and do replay it over and over, trying different strategies, weapons, etc. and it has never gotten old or “done”. I haven’t kept count, but I’m nearly positive I’ve played it to completion at least a dozen times. So, I then wondered how many other games I treat this way. The answer is: Very few. Allow me to elaborate by stating that I have over 1,200 games in my Steam account, and many, many more elsewhere. My attention towards games has changed over the years, from “I’ve painstakingly researched this game, know I’ll love it, must play it and finish it in every conceivable way”, to “Eh, it’s only [INSERT SMALL DOLLAR AMOUNT], I’ll give it a shot”. This allows me to emphasize: VERY FEW!

So, being an admittedly introverted freak that hates most games the general public loves, here are some of my most loved, “replayed” games which I find myself replaying constantly, regardless of their age or reputation:

Thief 1 & 2
Disciples 2
Majesty (The original ONLY)
Doom 1 & 2
Rainbow Six: All versions
Hitman: All versions
Defense Grid
SWAT 4

Anyone else have others?

Super Metroid.

I could swear we had a thread like this last year or maybe 2 years ago. Anyways, the first 2 Bioshock games are easily in the 3+ range now, I think I started BS1 a 4th time, but never finished.

I assume you’re not talking about old games that are still being supported with new DLC or have “HD” re-releases.

I used to sell or trade my games when I got tired of them, so the oldest games I play now would only go back to the time when digital distribution was becoming more prevalent.

All of which is the long answer. The short answer is Armageddon Empires.

Tetris?

Though I haven’t played a Tetris in a good number of years.

Space Rangers 2. Its my comfort food. Steam shows only 29 hours but that’s the HD version. I bought it at least two other times, I believe.

Civ 4
EU 4

Metroid Prime probably is the largest # for me

Super Mario 3 (I was in to speed running for a time)
Europa Universalis
Sonic 2
Age of Empires 2 (noticing the pattern yet)
Rogue Squadron
Mass Effect 1

In my youth a few Genesis games got numerous playthroughs
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
M.U.S.H.A
Castle of Illusion

Then stuff I probably wouldn’t count like the single player of Street Fighter 2, where I beat Bison I don’t even know how many times.

Nowadays I don’t tend to replay many single player games, though the exception which I’ve beaten maybe 3 1/2 times now is Bloodborne.

Star Control 2
Worlds of Ultima: Martian Dreams
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
maybe Kings Quest 6

Mine is probably Guild Wars 2. I have 9 level 80 characters, most of them with 50% or more completion of the game. I’m well over 1000+ hours of gameplay at this point.

As for non-MMOs… I don’t know. Maybe Anno 2070.

EDIT: Ok, just remembered one that easily beats Anno - Sword of the Stars 1. I have replayed that one maaaany times.

I’ve played these each four or more times:

Original Deus Ex (and recently, Revisions, which adds all sorts of enhancements to the original)
Thief 2
Grim Fandango

MOO 2
MOM
X-COM the original and the new XCOM 2

If I had room to set up my Commodore 128 I would be playing Red Storm Rising over and over.

In Chronological order, as best as I can remember it:

Tetris
Star Control
Star Control 2
Tank Wars
Civ
Civ 2
Tetris
Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye
Wing Commander: Prophecy
System Shock 2
Civ 3
Diablo 2
Aliens vs Predator
Tetris
Halo (again and again in Co-op)
Project Gotham Racing
Geometry Wars
Geometry Wars 2
Warlords Battlecry 2
Fallout Tactics Multiplayer demo
Master of Orion 2
Halo 2 multiplayer
Call of Duty Modern Warfare multiplayer
Gears of War 2’s Horde mode
Rock Band
Supreme Commander multiplayer

Does Plants vs Zombies count? Because it would have to be that. Also wins the prize for most number of platforms I have played a single game on.

EU series in total. Probably more hours sunk into it from EU 2 on than any other series. Don’t have as much time as I used to to revisit games so my full list is skewed older.

Honorable Mentions:
Fallout 2 and NV
Morrowind
Planescape Torment
Baldurs Gate 2
Rainbow Six
Bioshock

Terra Nova
Wing Commander 2 + 3
Fantasy General
System Shock
Quake
Pillars of Eternity
Diablo 3

Diablo 3.

Most replay would be

Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 1
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Xcom

I am trying to remember older games but no dice.

Hard to say. The only game I consistently return to over the years is Doom. But these days I tend to play the hell out of flight and race sims, action-oriented RPGs like the Souls games, and beat 'em ups. I’ll do multiple playthroughs of anything with multiple playstyles or skill-based gameplay (though I never put thousands of hours into anything like some do).