Motor Rock is a throwback to a simpler time of plagiarism

Title Motor Rock is a throwback to a simpler time of plagiarism
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When December 17, 2013

Motor Rock is $6.99 on Steam. It's an isometric racer in the same style as Blizzard's old Rock 'n' Roll Racing. That's not particularly newsworthy, but what does raise an eyebrow is the development team's blatant repurposing of Blizzard's game..

Read the full article

Actually, there's nothing illegal about a "blatant repurposing" of a game. Game mechanics aren't protected by copyright, and the PTO won't issue patents to protect them.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/f...

(That said, Rock and Roll Racing contained a large number of art and text assets that belong to Blizzard and are protected by copyright, and the former project name may raise trademark concerns.)

Let me guess: lead designer Shia LaBeouf?

I'm sure he totally didn't mean to steal from Clowes. Right?

I see nothing wrong with making a copy of a game as long as all the assets, i.e. code, art, etc., are your own. I guess to go any further would be to retread ground Dave47 has covered but thank god that like the fasion industry, Id wasn't able to copyright "the first person shooter" and Blizzard wasn't able to copyright "real time strategy game".

R'n'R Racing should be public domain by now. F Blizzard.

Oh, it was the time when he copied evertything... now is another SHIA's time. The dude just can't stop!