Motorsport in 2024

So even despite the overly long safety cars during the night, Le Mans ended up being a very memorable race! Going to the last hour, there still wasn’t a clear winner. The team that did win it completely deserved their win both from a car performance and strategy perspective. I wish that the #2 Cadillac finished a bit higher, but apparently it had some car floor issues which slowed it down (plus the windshield wiper that inexplicably fell off).

Can’t wait for the race next year. There should be even more hypercars then with the Aston Martin entries which are expected to come. The sight of 23 hypercars launching from the start line was absolutely breathtaking!

No joke, I think he’s better than Verstappen. If only they’d both been in the virtual or real Le Mans together, instead of opposites.

Headed to Mid-Ohio today. We won’t be there in time for today’s practice but will be there all day tomorrow and Sunday.

This is our first time back there since 2019. We have an infield parking pass and will set up camp somewhere each day with the pop up and chairs. Picnic by the guardrail. :slight_smile:

Last time we were down near the bridge. Might try to get a spot up near Thunder Valley this year.

Sounds awesome, you’re going to see history in the making! It’s going to be very interesting to see if the hybrids make any noticeable impact on the racing Sunday. I was watching some interviews with some of the drivers and they had mixed opinions of the system.

We’re in!

Nikita Johnson controlled USF Pro2000 from the front. Some decent action in the back.

NXT practice is soon and then IndyCar practice 2.

Palou on pole is not great for potential competition today, however Dixon quickest in morning warm up is great. Maybe he can drive through em? Herta might be a threat too

Can’t wait for the Indycar race later. Just finished watching the F1 race and it was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. Clean competitive race with a very emotional finish.

Incredible British GP.

Mid race rain, multiple lead changes, heartbreaking car retirement, and a genuine race to the finish.

RB having second thoughts about their decision to re-sign Checo.

While Perez is having a bad year in general, this weekend was just a lot of bad luck. Max went off in the exact same spot during qualifying but didn’t end up getting beached (which is both skill and a bit of luck on how you spun, once the grip leaves) They used the opportunity to replace a power unit I believe and that stuck him at a pit lane start. I think he would have started around P16 and probably would have ended up in a better position.

They also put him on Inters too early, left him on the shredded greens for too long, then brought him in for another set too late, after he’d already been lapped.

A lot happened that wasn’t his fault, but the catalyst was his trip to the Northamptonshire beach and luck can be a major part to an F1 drive. Just look at Alex Albon’s appendix giving us Nyck de Vries’ exciting eleven-race career.

My favourite dumb stat is that Logan Sargeant hasn’t yet out-qualified Albon in any Grand Prix, but Sargeant has out-qualified Checo six times.