Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

I couldn’t find a thread specifically for the official sequel.

Looking good.

What an awesome game this is, I must admit when I first bought it those years ago, I wasn’t expecting the end result to be this good.
I got hopes if they decide to refine and not reinvent too much :)

Day 1. I’m still hoping Caribbean! wasn’t a form of elaborate trolling.

/off to watch some robbaz

Those graphics look really nice. I would also hope they update the combat mechanics, as far as you the player fighting things personally. Give yourself the equivalent of a very good first person combat-brawler and the updated graphics and you just might be making one of my all-time favorite games.

I hope they improve the battle AI. It was too easy to lure a mob of foot soldiers in circles while shooting them on my horse. And my archers shooting them too.

Great games the Mount and Blade series, many hours of enjoyment.

Good news or bad news?

Paradox and TaleWorlds are no longer working together. Rather terse message on the Paradox boards.

As of January 31st at 00:00 (UTC -08:00) Paradox Interactive will be handing over the reins for Mount and Blade back to the developer, TaleWorlds. It’s been five and a half years since Mount and Blade was released, five and a half years of sieges, tournaments and pitched open-field battles, and of course, the odd expansion or two!

From the TaleWorlds boards: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295883.0.html

Simply put, the nature of our partnership with our friends at Paradox has changed slightly so that TaleWorlds Entertainment will have more control over the handling of the Mount&Blade franchise from now on, putting us firmly in the saddle. This is something we think will benefit us and Mount&Blade players.

In reality, we have always been an independent studio and have been managing all the technical aspects and maintenance of our titles. We are now in a position to manage the marketing and distribution side of things too. So we’re just becoming a little more independent than before.

How is Paradox as a publisher? From what I understand they’re not too bad to work with. Maybe Taleworlds has something really big and unannounced up its sleeve.

I think it’s just simpler (and more profitable) now to just go through Steam Early Access on your own if you’re an indie studio. It’s an especially good move if you already have an established audience with a beloved franchise.

Why give Paradox, or anyone else, a cut?

Mount & Blade will do quite well on their own, I’m sure. Their previous games are still immensely popular, and judging by their team size, they make a comfortable living from the earnings.

It reads as if they have a contract with a time expiration with Paradox, they let the contract end at the final date, and now they are free to self-publish in Steam or whatever, cutting Paradox off.

Both sides will do fine. Makes sense for Talewords to go it alone- they’re popular enough.

Is there ANY credible info out there on whether this game might come out this year? Taleworlds is keeping rather mum.

Nope, but they did just announce a mobile version of Mount & Blade Warband.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taleworlds.mbwarband

Their March 14 blog update (no mention of release date)

I’m glad they mentioned animating the horses. I’m hoping Bannerlord has more variety in equine wireframes and animation, though I appreciate their problem of decking out horses with little ping-pong balls for motion capture.

New gamescom gameplay video showing new features like crafting and siege weapons.

Oh yeah, I’m going to be ALL over that.

Agreed, that looks really great, although did they really need to spend time implementing the ability to play board games…that seems a bit of a waste.

Siege engines, weather, weapon crafting, replay system, in-game board games. They’ve gone nuts with this.

My hope for the board games is that they’ll be an additional tool for raising your faction with the other lords and/or help you in woo’ing that special someone. Plus another way to make some money in the early game would be welcome.