Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Agree with everyone else that Warband is the way to go. Start with vanilla to get the feel ,then dive into the extensive mod scene. Viking Conquest is an “official” add-on for Warband that is quite good. It adds some elements of a story and plot, and features a nice large map and historical factions. Clash of Kings is a mod based on Game of Thrones, and it’s well executed as well. I have hundreds of hours into both combined.

Thanks, that made me laugh. I kept waiting for people to start shooting at the bugler. Was not disapointed.

A couple people were definitely shooting at the bugler - you can hear a couple ripping noises as musket balls go right by me. Fortunately, muskets are hideously inaccurate. A lot of the time you could fire at the fort itself and miss.

These online servers are a great place to go with three or four friends and start some volley fire. One of you will occasionally hit something. Probably.

Might as well just put this here. (Sorry for the bump!)

Gaaa, I think I’ll be dead before Bannerlord comes out. :-(

People should get banned if they bump this thread without a release date.

That was cruel.

This is probably my most waited game, and it’s been that for at least a couple years now.

Indeed!

Also, Mount and Blade was released in 2008, (almost) ten years ago. PCGamer put out a short but pretty neat retrospective:

Nice. Only 3 or 4 more years away now.

All I want to know is when.

When?

The 31st of Nevruary, 2195. Heck, they should change the name to M&B Bannerlord Forever.

They’re supposed to be demoing the single-player campaign during Gamescom. If it looks as good as the stuff in the trailer, then I have to wonder what’s holding up the release at this point.

That looks sooooo good.

It’s delayed while they convert it to a Battle Royale game.

When I was writing my post I was thinking “There is no way they can mess this game up for me, even if it was simply warband with better graphics and animation”.

That, my friend, would crush my soul.

New from Taleworlds… “M&BR”

It’s been so long that’s what I remember the first game looking like.