Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

At this rate, I’ll actually beat Warband before Bannerlord comes out.

/Tom
Stop posting in this thread till the damn thing is out!
/Tom

Warband is one of the games I’ve played the most on Steam, but I’ve never come close to beating it, even with combat set to easy. The strategy aspect of it escapes me, I guess. I always get my army up to 100-some troops and the upkeep costs kill me.

Thats usually the point where I’ve found you have to start getting in good with one of the kingdoms and working your way up the political ladder. Once you get a village and then a castle etc under your control, you’ll be able to go bigger.

I always started my own kingdom because of the upkeep issue. The problem is that I never figured out how to get good nobles. Only the complete trash guys want to join you. I have also never beaten the game. It was great fun though.

Long post about not making a release date:

Ok but what’s the release date

Is there a release date in that video? :P

I think it’s supposed to be"one day before the sun starts going nova."

Love a lot of what I know about this series, but have never spent time with any of the previous games. If I want to play some in anticipation of MB2, what’s the best one to jump into?

Warbands is great. I’ve heard that Fire & Sword is less polished.

Warband, for sure.

Reading this, with all that weird, self-convincing confidence that is trying so hard, made me wonder if this is how Grimoire began. with a demagogue layer on top, because better be wary of mob mentality in these days.
Every time they post, i am a little more bummed :-/

Totally War Band.

The Fire and Sword/Napoleon stuff is best when you sign into one of the large multiplayer servers and wander up and down the parapets playing the bugle.

Warband at first to learn the ropes, then mods - Preferably mods like Prophecy of Pendor or Bryttenwalda.

Agree with everyone else that Warband is the way to go. Start with vanilla to get the feel ,then dive into the extensive mod scene. Viking Conquest is an “official” add-on for Warband that is quite good. It adds some elements of a story and plot, and features a nice large map and historical factions. Clash of Kings is a mod based on Game of Thrones, and it’s well executed as well. I have hundreds of hours into both combined.

Thanks, that made me laugh. I kept waiting for people to start shooting at the bugler. Was not disapointed.

A couple people were definitely shooting at the bugler - you can hear a couple ripping noises as musket balls go right by me. Fortunately, muskets are hideously inaccurate. A lot of the time you could fire at the fort itself and miss.

These online servers are a great place to go with three or four friends and start some volley fire. One of you will occasionally hit something. Probably.

Might as well just put this here. (Sorry for the bump!)

Gaaa, I think I’ll be dead before Bannerlord comes out. :-(