Move over Marvel Midnight Suns, Capes is incoming!

Stop your grinnin’ and drop your linen!!

Freedom Force illum Morgan Jaffit is bringing us an all-new Super hero turned-based tactical RPG! Recruit heroes and level up and combine their abilities. Color me excited!

Sold.

So they ignore the first rule of successful superheroing?

5 demerits for this, since there doesn’t appear to actually be one… yet.

You post a picture, but not a link 🤣

Neither did the OP!

Might be an opportunity for
LMSSFY .com
Let Me Search Steam For You

I am curious to see what the gameplay will look like.

from screenshots looks like XCOM 2 meets FF… but darker. Fine by me! makes no sense why that midnight suns wanted to go all card game on us (while still interested in MS!), and could have been like this!

I think the MS team wanted to try something different which is understandable.

Because Card games are awesome 🤪
Even as someone that does like Card-based games, they are doing done cool things to leverage that mechanic (e.g. with iron man as mentioned in the midnight suns thread). It isn’t simply tacked on.

I would imagine, too, that the heroes here are not in the same power scale as the ones in that game. Hard to give heroes that powerful free reign to do anything they are capable of on a given turn. I suspect the cards help with that.

With Capes, you will get more of the development of your squad over time, vs starting out extremely strong.

ah i like card games, its just right now, on steam alone theres so many and plus on mobile too! but im not against them making a card game, in fact what ive seen im still very interested. If we can get a high production Slay the Spire type game im more than happy!

Steam demo is up

I better start saving for both games

Nice to see that old FFv3R font and UI elements, brings back good memories.

This looks good!

That’s an understatement! I love how each pair of heroes seems like they have unique combo abilities when close together. The psychic forcing enemies to turn so they get backstabbed consistently. How cool is that?

Also really love that movement and action points are separate resources.

Yeah, I watched the whole thing and it is looking very good indeed.

Right? Definitely looking forward to trying this game. I’ve been enjoying Midnight Suns this past week, but I would love something leaning more towards XCOM and Freedom Force.

Dirth of Info on this one, and on a lark i did a news search for it, to see if its still alive.

Apparently, it’s coming this May to Switch, so i assume similar for other platforms

Here’s the character trailer they mentioned. No release date in sight, though.