Movies Still Enjoyable to Watch With the Sound Muted

All Jackie Chan movies.

I happen to own all the Samurai Jack DVDs, and I never thought of this! Brilliant. And the other suggestions continue to be awesome. I’ll admit that I won’t be trying to locate any Charlie Chaplin movies, since I’m really not so much looking for clever / funny and watchable without sound, rather I’m looking for awesome to watch visually, when paired with the high-intensity music that I tend to run to (usually either electronic music of some sort, or grimy rock like the Silversun Pickups). And in a bizarre way, 2001 worked perfectly with Orbital’s “Wonky” album. That’s the kind of sychronicity that I’m hoping to recapture. Kind of like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz.

Seconded!

Actually, any movie you are historically a fan of, that fits the tempo of your workout is probably a good candidate. Anything you really enjoyed in the past, you can probably follow along to without sound and continue to enjoy.

I’d also personally add Evil Dead III:Army of Darkness to the mix! And Hellboy! In fact, quite a few of the super hero movies would be very well suited.

The Artist?

Ran. I’m watched it before without subtitles and it was still enjoyable. Any big historical epic you have seen before might work.

Wild Things
Starship Troopers

Wall-E, the first 2/3 at least. Really most of Pixar’s catalog, since you probably already know the broad strokes and they’re so well-told visually.