Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon Prime is quite good

I saw a few episodes of this last night. I enjoyed the music, but am curious as to why its listed as comedy. I dont think I laughed once in the two episodes I saw.

I’d say its more of a show akin to “Girls” than anything else I’ve seen recently.

It’s more drama than it is comedy. I don’t think I’ve laughed once as well. But I’ve enjoyed the stories. I can’t stand “Girls” though. So I’m not sure I agree it’s like that show in any meaningful manner.

Gael Garcia Bernal has some really funny moments, mostly delivered deadpan. Season 2 hasn’t been as good as 1, but it’s still pretty charming, which is not a word I use often for any media these days.

Season 3 came out on Thursday!

Okay, finally getting around to S3. On episode 2, but it’s wonderful. Lots of the action is in Venice, which itself is a beautiful character. Then they add Monica Bellucci as an opera singer and I’m enchanted.

Oh, this sucks. This was one of the most charming shows on TV, and it needed one more season to wrap everything up. As it is, it’s very unresolved.

The could have promoted it better. I’ve watched seasons 1-3 and I had no idea they put season 4 up.

That is Amazon’s biggest problem. Netflix doesn’t have this problem because all they do is TV/movies. Amazon, meanwhile, sells everything else on Earth.

I still can’t figure why they simply haven’t made a separate, dedicated site for their video, rather than lump it all into their store? Apparently, they do this overseas for markets where they don’t do retail.

well this is dissapointing, I really enjoyed this show.

As far as promotion, season 4 was showing up on my home screen as soon as it was released. Now I watch all my amazon stuff via ipad and my TV so maybe they did a better job of advertising it then compared to their website?

Gael Garcia Bernal was great in this. Amazon’s going all-in on big budget, Game of Thrones wannabe stuff now. They’ve let go of nearly all their small, niche comedy shows. I thought this one had a shot a renewal since it does okay during awards season, but I guess Marvelous Mrs. Maisel fills that role and they only have room for one.

Bummer. I just saw the cancellation. It really had a delightful voice and style and I appreciated Amazon making stuff like this.

They probably have data on how many impulse buys people make since they’re already on Amazon.

Mark Blum, aka Union Bob, has died of the coronavirus.

He’s one of those memorable “Hey, It’s That Guy” actors.

Should cross-post this to the C-19 thread too. He played the bookstore owner in You. Probably going to be more celebrities before this is over.