MST3K Thread

FYI, rifftrax has just put a bunch of stuff up on Hulu

http://www.hulu.com/rifftrax-features

The shorts are amazing.

Excellent, thanks! Do you know if these web only? Or can I watch them on my tv with my hulu plus subscription?

Last night I was reminded of my favorite line from an MST3K movie. The gang is watching the opening credits for Cave Dwellers when they spot the star’s name.

“How much Keeffe is in this movie anyway?”

“Miles O’Keeffe!”

“I’m gonna set this to Central Stud Time because I’m SLEDGE RIPROCK!”

This.
He is filled with turtle meat.

(also, Jesus lives there)

Which is exactly the big problem I have with The Movie (other than it’s length) - TIE is NOT a bad movie, certainly not MST fodder. It’s pretty good, in fact. They had to edit about half of it out to make it snark-worthy. Yes, it has it’s cheesy elements, but for it’s day it came closer to capturing the elements of Space Opera than any other film. In fact, I remember reading that it was inspired by the cover of one of the pulps of the era - Amazing Stories, I think.

Uh, there was plenty in there to make fun of.

“I’m very vulnerable there! There go the piano lessons! I can’t remember my dad!”

Yeah. This Island Earth may not be MST3K-bad, but it is extremely dated and silly.

The movie was very funny regardless. “Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around.”

tgb saw it the same day he graduated college, so his fondness for the film is more sentimental than anything.

History and the critics seem to be on my side on this one.

The critics like the MST version even more.

I’ve not seen this particular episode, but I’m told I need to. :)

You can get the shirt here. :)

It’s from The Final Sacrifice…and yes…yes you do.

My girlfriend has sung that particular song at me to get me to see it. We’ll likely see it soon.

We’re watching The Final Sacrifice right now. Holy shit this movie. Rasdower is indeed glorious though.

Ator Hang Gliding Song

TOM: It flies and so does my heart
TOM: In his kite made of string and sticks and bamboo
TOM: I fly along with you
CROW: (Crying) It’s so pretty
TOM: I go along for the ride
TOM: I’m not stupid like the rest of them
JOEL AND TOM: Ator, Ator, my sweet friend

“Santa’s gonna cut you, man! Santa’s a blade man, man!”

“Let’s have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year / Or we’ll tear your throat out and kick you in the ear!”

Why Doesn’t Johnny Care?

Especially love what appear to be Crow’s sound effects.

Got my ticket for this Thursday’s 7pm live Rifftrax event. Mike and the boys will be lampooning the SyFy channel film, Sharknado. Check your local theaters as it’s being beamed out by satellite to numerous locations across the nation.