MST3K Thread

Shout Factory claims you will be able to see the new season of MST3K on their streaming service. Do they mean the new new season? The one that isn’t done yet?

Edit: Ah nevermind. They just point to Gigaplex or whatever it’s called when you click on the new season.

My god you guys. The Batwoman. My god. So terrible.

That said I think Emily is now my favorite host.

Wow you guys. The Bubble. Might be the worst movie they’ve ever covered.

Gamera is really neat.

HE IS FILLED WITH TURTLE MEAT.

I believe in Gamara!

You know, they said that at the start, but it wasn’t that bad.

I actually thought some of the ribbing dialogue between the husband and wife at the beginning, although sometimes veering into awkwardness, was kind of charming–and way more characterful than a lot of MST movies manage.

What was specifically awful about the bubble is that the premise had no there there. The creators just didn’t know what was going on. It was basically Lost, forty years earlier. And shorter.

Monster A-Go-Go was vastly worse than The Bubble, and even had a more anticlimactic ending.

God it’s been so long since I’ve seen that one I might’ve blocked it out.

https://youtu.be/aic2e--EcFo

The Starfighters starting now.

Having a family that wants to talk and eat on thanksgiving feels very inconvenient right now. It’s too bad MST didn’t replace watching american football with my extended family, I’ll be stuck with that on the TV instead all day.

Oh well, I can sneak some in for an hour or so now!

My family does Thanksgiving at the weekend, and I’m working from home, so it’s non-stop MST3K for me.

Lords of the Deep is amazing.

I just finished the Gauntlet, except for the final 20 minutes of Ator. I prefer to let the unseen footage fade into the bitersweet sunset of the imagination where it can remain forever unknown.

Equal parts nostalgia and updated references with on-brand humor, it brought back my college days where things were very cold like they are now. Sure, the movies may have been objectively bad, at least the ones they chose were all moderately interesting like the strangely authentic on-location set of the very poorly named “Killer Fish” mixed with plot weaving hijinks.

Mac and Me - “The real hero of this film are the hills”

Atlantic Rim - “Our hero, ladies and gentlemen”

The Within You Without You pastiche on Lords of the Deep and all the other songs of course. Thank you, MST3K, you turned this winter season a little brighter.

My god. The Christmas Dragon, you guys. A terrible movie, AMAZING riffs. I think we might have a new Christmas tradition.

Is that MS3TK or rifftrax?

Season finale of the latest season of MST3K.

Crowdfunding is starting for a 14th season of MST3K

Last time, they built their own content delivery system (The Gizmoplex). This time they’ve built their own crowdfunding site.

Target is around $4mil to make 6 full episodes, plus some other stuff.

$65 for the dvd/blu ray physical discs seems like a really good deal. I just went to the Gizmoplex and it seems like there’s still no way to get season 13 anywhere? I’m very confused by that website. I see a $150 option for a season pass which gives me access to all the Season 13 movies, shorts and live events, and as someone with no interest in the live events, I don’t see an option to just get the movies and shorts anywhere.