MTV orders Shannara series

Hah, yeah. That’s why I watched it too.

Can’t compare to the Sword of Truth TV show, which was substantially inferior to this stinker in every way except the hotness of its chicks, which burned fierce like the fires of the sun!

I follow a couple of those actresses on instagram now.

Heh.

While I don’t disagree with your interpretation of Kahlan, I thought the Seeker was a MUCH better show overall. It was campy fun like Xena was. Not teenage fantasy Dawson’s Creek or whatever with a big FX budget.

Tough call, really. Both would have been difficult to watch if not for the incredibly attractive women on display.

Man, Seeker was fucking bad. I tried to watch that show. . . tried so hard.

Shadowhunters on Freeform. Straight-up garbage.

Based on cast pictures, that does look right up my alley. I’ll have to check it out, thanks!

Yeah, this show was terribly bad. I know there’s a giant horde of orcs 30 feet away from our little cave thing, but let’s have sex.

Oh! How did we miss this? Shanarra’s second season is moving off MTV and going to SPIKE which is actually becoming “The Paramount Network”

MTV had a big change in leadership in the past year. The previous regime thought pricy scripted shows would save the network. They were wrong. The new regime is focusing on more reality programming. Cheaper to produce.

If the scripted shows were good, that might have worked. Imagine if Shannara worked as well as GoT, American Gods, or Fargo. The source material deserved it.

Well, truth be told the source material was never anything great either. Brooks is a mediocre writer with mediocre creative ideas.

I guess I did compare Shannara with Neil Gaiman there… true nuff. But it deserved better than it got.

UPN^2

Maybe they can put the new Star Trek on the new UPN.

Cancelled at MTV/Spike. The studio is trying to shop it around.

I will admit to watching the second season of this show and that I considered it an improvement on the first season in almost every way (except for the absence of the really cute elf princess who was one of the only things that kept me watching through season one). I liked the writing better this season, and enjoyed the additional characters, diversity and focus on more than just Will and his powers. It still wasn’t great television by any stretch of the imagination, but it was interesting enough that I would return for a Season Three should Netflix or another network pick it up. Still, I find it hard to believe it has a 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. That has to be manipulated somehow.

I knew the show was in trouble from the start though, as Spike burned all 10 episodes in just 6 weeks by airing them mostly two at a time this fall. Not a great sign of confidence.

Agreed. Season 2 was far superior. Of course eason one, Spring Break: Shannara set the bar as low as possible, so its no surprise that season 2 cleared it with plenty of room.

Wow, they sure killed a lot of kids this season, and one or two on camera. Not something you see a lot of in mainstream entertainment.

Manu Bennett was great.

Why all the protagonist are young adults taking bad decisions at every step?
Is like I am watching some teeanger fanfiction.

They were just teenagers in the book too.

It’s almost like an MTV reality show set in a fantasy world.