Multiple gas explosions in Boston

A good report from a local paper.

The fires are attributed to problems with Columbia Gas Co. and officials are telling people that if they have Columbia Gas service they should evacuate their homes — even if their is not an odor…

“We’re very upset. It’s pretty frightening to see your house explode,” said a woman on Chickering Road who declined to give her name.

That’s a fricking understatement

Yeah frightening is not the word I would use for that either.

Apparently the police have closed the off ramps from 495 leading into the area.

I was expecting to spend the evening monitoring events in the Carolinas, not 30 miles down the road.

So they drastically over-pressured the gas lines somehow? Seems like something that there would be safety systems in place to prevent.

The power and gas have been disabled in Lawrence/Andover/North Andover. No ETA on it coming back. School has been cancelled for tomorrow in those towns. Some 93 exits in the area have been closed in addition to the 495 exits.

There are unless you’ve been neglecting your safety systems or manually took them out of the line for some reason, or even if someone flipped a switch the wrong way. Also, the statement about smell is concerning.

Gas, electricity, and water safety are all things I’ve been taking very much for granted.
I mean, it’s like, “These guys must have their shit together”, right?

Ugg bring fire.

Fire? What this?

Ugg show. ::fire::

Fire look good. You give me?

Okay. Ugg want many shells.

Here my shells.

::Later::

Here fire. Much wood in pile. Then this. ::fwoof::

The fuck! What that?

Ugg bring fire.

Take away fire.

You not see EULA on rock? Ugg bring fire. Rest is on you.

::later::

Fire is warm. Closer to fire is better. In fire best.

::shortly later::

Ugg think you look funny, no hair.

Fuc you Ugg. Want shells back, fire bad.

Ugg give no guarantee. Go away.

Yep, that’s in essence the agreement I must have signed like 30 years ago.

Well, that explains your avatar, I guess.