Multiple Monitor Help

My brother in law has a new laptop with a usb-c as the monitor connection. He wants to add 2 monitors so he can have 3 displays, He has a switch that allows a hdmi and vga connections and plugging both in only allows 2 displays with 1 of the stretched over 2 of the monitors.

I am assuming the switch does not support 2 screens at the same time so is there one that will

There are innumerable USB-C docks that can support multiple screens, though VGA might be a tough order.

Even ones with VGA appear to exist. You can find a bunch of them through google with the right search terms. I would make sure whichever one he gets supports triple monitor configs, as some of the less expensive ones apparently do not.

Yeah I know they exist but it’s not exactly clear if they support 2. I mean the one he already has has 2 ports a VGA and a HDMI but it looks like it’s 1 output signal only without a clear indication of ones with 2

The one I linked explicitly says it does triple display through Windows – and reading the description, it sounds like you could do laptop screen – HDMI screen – VGA screen as three separate video outputs/screens. With VGA, though, it could be a little wonky.

Sorry, uk based here, £70 is a lot of money to add a crappy 21" monitor to a laptop, I don’t think he will go for it :)

Also it’s his supplied laptop and they aren’t willing to supply or pay for one for him, they think a 14" laptop screen and a 21" monitor is enough.

Additionally he has to use the laptop for the webcam, not allowed a standalone one, so really he he doesn’t use the Laptop screen much.

Really it’s a pile of old crap, he works for the local government as a social worker and they don’t give much, lack of money you see

If you link the USB- C dock he’s using currently, we may be able to see if it’s possible to use it for multiple screens. Otherwise, if buying a new one is out of the question… 🤷

Yeah I found his one on Amazon and it’s not dual, looks like he is going to have to put his hand in his pocket though