Munchkin

Am I missing something about this game or am I right thinking it is just “funny” cards and rules that almost guarantee the game will take a long, boring time?

Boring? Never! How could you not love delicious, bite-sized donut holes?

I guess it’s possible that you are referring to the Munchkin card game. In which case: yeah, that’s pretty much correct.

I really liked it and I am getting the Cthulhu Munchkin no matter what Matt says.

But… Redneck Trees!

That was…disturbing.

God damn you, Hallin. Now I’ve spent the last three hours reading every Something Positive. THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME A NEW ADDICTION, YOU SWEEDISH BASTARD.

God damn you, Hallin. Now I’ve spent the last three hours reading every Something Positive. THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME A NEW ADDICTION, YOU SWEEDISH BASTARD.[/quote]

Why does it always have to be Alabama and Mississippi? There are plenty of Rednecks in Ohio, Arkansas, or some of those midwestern states which are of so little consequence that I do not bother to remember their names any more.

Good, then you remember if (and if so when) there is a strip where they talk about Davan providing Dukes of Hazzard-style commentary to the Dale Earnhardt crash?

Because nothing says “banjo” quite like Mississippi, for some reason. And Alabama is just a funny name :)

As we say in Arkansas: “Thank God for Mississippi!” :lol:

Good, then you remember if (and if so when) there is a strip where they talk about Davan providing Dukes of Hazzard-style commentary to the Dale Earnhardt crash?[/quote]

It was sometime in 2002. Early 2002. Have fun searching!

Munchkin played with 4 or 5 players is good fun in a “screw the other guy” kind of way. You finally get two other players to help you with a monster, and then the one guy you didn’t ask to help you pulls out a card that adds +10 to the monster’s level and you’re all screwed.

With 2 people it’s boring, with three people it’s pretty boring too, but with enough hardhearted people there’s some decent gameplay.

We had five people, but two were not exactly the brightest, and none of us had ever played before. I think Matt was mostly dismayed by how long the game ran… we gave up an hour and a half later with two people at level 5. Part of the problem was that the deck was not shuffled properly.