Murder aboard a home-made sub

“My husband is the one of two victims of his crime and staying alive was a punishment itself for him.”

He’s not a victim you troglodyte.

Oh man, how bad is dating in Russia?

Some women are just really into murderers. I don’t get it either.

Oh, you know, at his core he is good and she can bring that out in him. Her love can change him!

I just read that Madsen has admitted to the murder, even though previously he had still plead innocent despite being convicted of murder.

The confession was made to a journalist who secretly recorded more than 20 hours of phone conversations with Madsen in jail for a documentary series, reports Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

In The Secret Recordings with Peter Madsen, which will begin airing Wednesday, the inventor answers “yes” to a question asking if he killed Ms Wall.

“There is only one who is guilty, and that is me,” Madsen is reported to say.

Madsen had previously admitted to chopping up Ms Wall’s body and throwing it in the sea, but maintained her death was an accident.

Could that mean that a divorce is upcoming?

Did they finish the greenlit show on the whole deal yet?

I haven’t heard anything about it in a while. This article from a year ago gives an update about the cast though.

Lindholm’s TV credits include Nordic hit “Borgen” and Netflix drama “Mindhunter.” Fremantle’s Miso Film is on production duty. Fremantle is distributing and closed the U.K. and German deals, meaning it has pre-sold the series to major free-TV broadcasters in Europe’s two largest markets. It will be targeting more deals on the show at Mipcom in Cannes, next week.

Six-part series “The Investigation” follows the complex investigation carried out by Jens Møller, the head of homicide for the Copenhagen Police, surrounding the murder of Wall. She was a freelance Swedish journalist who boarded a submarine to interview its owner, Peter Madsen. She was subsequently killed and entrepreneur Madsen faced a highly publicized trial and was convicted of her murder.

With COVID, I’m sure the production might have ground to a halt. Here’s hoping we get to see it though.

Good point! Sounds like an interesting cast, curious to see what they make of it.

Great, Season 2 suddenly became a possibility.

Wow… This story really is nuts. This TV show has potential!

There already are two shows about him. I am not linking them on purpose, but they are there.

Ah… I wasn’t aware that the Lindholm show had starting airing already. Lets hope it gets an international release soon.

Interesting. Some crazy Russian artist married the submarine murderer in prison. According to the linked article she has accused Danish society of demonizing him!

I’m not kidding when I say I laughed out loud when seeing the reason for this thread bump. Sorry, Kim Wall, RIP.

I had a private bet with myself that the next bit of news for this ongoing story would be breaking reports about Madsen’s prison suicide. I didn’t actually anticipate something like this though.

It’s pretty common for high-profile convicted murderers, including (perhaps especially) serial killers and the like, to get romantic interest from women, up to and including marriage. Takes all kinds, I guess.

We’re broken people.