Murder aboard a home-made sub

Back to this guy though, has there been any more comments on the videos in question? The tidbits from the case seem to be slow to trickle out.

If my poor Swedish skills are accurate, Swedish media is reporting that his DNA is being tested for unsolved Swedish murders.

Not only (Danish) unsolved murders, I’m guessing they will also look for ties to missing persons, since if this kind of crime was committed in the past, the remains may still be missing.

Glad you’re still alive, Neal! Hopefully they sort this whole thing out at some point.

“Madsens DNA testas för olösta svenska mord”–was the crawl. I’m sure Danish police are checking on unsolved cases as well, but I promise that I can distinguish svenska from danska. :) But I missed that mord is singular murder not plural murders.

Sure, sorry if I sounded like I was trying to correct something, I was thinking about cold missing persons files in the Copenhagen population.

It’s the same word in plural. The “olösta” adjective (unsolved), is in the plural form though, so it translates to “unsolved murders”. And yes, I read that the Swedish police are running his DNA against various unsolved murders in the south of Sweden.

I agree. I mean I’m assuming you didn’t fit his profile, but wow, the ride on that sub could have gone a lot worse, Neal.

I knew he was a bit of a showboat but I had no idea the man was capable of anything like that. My biggest worry at the time we dove the sub was seasickness.

Per CNN, he’s now admitting dismemberment but not murder. Says she died of carbon monoxide poisoning while he was on deck.

Fortunately he knew how to dismember a body because he had seen it done in a YouTube!

I never knew carbon monoxide poisoning caused multiple stab wounds. You learn something new every day.

This guy is good. The way he keeps coming up with stuff, if he weren’t going to prison, he could be PR for CIG.
OTOH, release day for both he and the game should be right around the same time.

Wonder why he dropped the “hatch bonked her in the head” to carbon monoxide? Maybe there was no evidence of a blow to the head.

Creepy guy. He needs to be locked up for the rest of his life.

That’s it. The police found her head, without any trauma consistent with the hatch story.

I do not know how they can not find this guy guilty of murder. He has lied since day one, going from dropping her off on an island to she died from a head injury and he buried her at sea, to carbon monoxide poison, deliberate dismemberment and body dumping. Considering the report from the coroner that says “Wall had 14 stab wounds around her genital area” I can’t help but believe the theories that this was a sex crime gone horribly wrong, which resulted in him murdering her, dismembering her and dumping her body. This guy should never see the light of day again for the rest of his life.

Well, this is what, a Norwegian case? About how long does murder get you in for in Norway?

Fox News - sure, he killed her and cut up the body, then lied to authorities about it. But is that really illegal?

Well the real issue here is: who told the press about this stuff?

Submarine homicide is legal in Norway. Apparently a holdover from Viking law.

But unfortunately for Madsen, the stabbing/porthole slamming/carbon monoxide poisoning/dismemberment incident took place in the territorial waters of Denmark. And the Danes don’t look too kindly on those kinds of shenanigans.