Murder aboard a home-made sub

TIL the Vikings had submarines.

You know this guy! Both lol and sorry and wow. I’m Swedish but I live in Norway, and I still remember the day I read this article. I literally - LITERALLY - thought it was like, a fictional crime story (like an easter crime , or “påskekrim”). They had this page set up at a news page in Norway that made it look like a mystery to solve for the readers.

This is so messed up. I have no doubt whatsoever he will be charged with murder.

Oh - and my favourite quote from the guy is, on the question of why her tights and underwear were off, he said “they fell off”.
Now - even though men usually don’t wear tights, I think everyone knows that tights don’t ever, EVER, just fall off. EVER.

That’s why they’re called “tights,” and not “looses.”

This is going to make for one of the best documentaries ever.

No kidding. This is the future “The Jinx”. In a couple of years when he’s being interviewed and accidentaly slips up about some important detail and they can finally convict him…
Hmm, that reminds me, I need to check up on what’s going on with Robert Durst these days.

I’m actually really interested in this comment. A short Google search has led me down a weird path of murder mysteries, chocolate wafers and orange slices.

I didn’t even realize easter crime could be a local thing - enjoy, it’s great!

Also the latest plot twist for you:

“The sentence of The Danish has been extended to sexual intercourse with the journalist under particularly aggravating circumstances” (translated from a Norwegian article)

So… I’m guessing the time line is: stab her to death, sleep with her, go to sleep for a while since he is exhausted, saw her apart, dump the body, sink the sub, lie a million times.

Of all the ways a guy who built himself a sub, Captain Nemo style, goes out, this is by far the craziest way. It reminds me for some reason of that bizarre story about the female astronaut several years ago who drove all night in her adult diapers to try and kidnap and/or murder a rival for her lover. Both of them are obviously intelligent and driven people who went off the deep end.

If we get to stroopwafels, I’m in. Let’s take a trip down that path.

Oh, man, that reminds me that Costco has stroopwaffels.

All i know about stroopwaffels is the dreadful REI stroopwaffel near the check-out lines have made me wonder why anyone would like them.

Man, you have to have a good one, ideally made in fresh in a Dutch market, softened over a nice cup of coffee. Yum!

I love how the gruesome murder thread turned into a cozy coffee brake.

The best part about QT3 to be honest. Sometimes you have to take a break in the middle of something serious to discuss the awesomeness of stroopwafels.

Now, back to sub murder talk. Does anyone else own their own private sub? How are they in the scuttling to cover up a horrific murder department?

Well, operationally, it would probably help if they are scuttled outside the view of the rescuers coming to pick you up, that way the location isn’t known from day one.

Then again, if they can find body parts on the ocean floor, it wouldn’t matter where you scuttled something that large.

I would park my sub at my private volcanic island and drop the incriminating evidence into the incinerating lava tube. Why bother having a private sub if you don’t have the island to go with it?

Wow. Morning pre-coffee shivers merely reading this administrative designation here.

I don’t think we’ll ever know the entire true story of what actually happened in this case, given that there is only one witness, along with whatever the authorities can manage to piece together.

But when this is all over, I will gladly pay money to see a well-made documentary about it, or buy a well-written book, done in the same captivating manner as the one @rrmorton mentioned upthread.