Music... acquiring sites

Crypt, I don’t care. That’s sweet and all. I guess, and I steal stuff too. It’s a lot cheaper than buying, and if I want I can justify myself into thinking it’s just like borrowing it from a friend. Except I’m not borrowing, because my friend gets to keep his copy too.

I steal movies from the Internet. I own around 120 DVDs, nearly all of them legitimate. The non-legit ones are some anime I that I suspect may be bootleg and a copy of Platoon that still had the anti-theft sticker thing in it, so no little homebrew Divx shit. I steal movies from the Internet instead of going to Blockbuster or Netflix, but I buy movies I want to watch multiple times.

triggercut- Buying it later doesn’t retroactively make it not stealing. That’s my point. Buying more because you’re exposed to more is a nice story about broadening your musical horizons, but you are stealing and stealing is wrong.

Steal if you want to, construct elaborate self-justifications, but don’t bullshit me by saying you are better than those “bad” pirates on Kazaa and Suprnova.

Yes Ben.

Anything else on those stone tablets that were handed to you on Mount Reachexceedsmygrasp?

Gah, who would get albums off of suprnova?

I’m on the WASTE to share my music but haven’t downloaded one thing from anyone else. Does that make me, like, a reverse thief?

I’ve got a snappy reply that I’ll share with you later, heh

Personally, Napster’s done me good. New albums + Legality = a clean conscience. Although it’s minute, you still give some kinda support to the artist (it’s damn scary how little average artists can make $$$-wise) And it’s still a hell of alot cheaper still than Towers $20 albums.

(Just bought Down’s first and second album off Napster actually. Hell, if ya’ll have $.99 to spend try ‘Stone the Crow’ from 'em.!!!)