Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - Xcom with humanoid ducks and pigs

The game, which is being developed by Bearded Ladies and published by Funcom, is set to release in 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Players must take control of a team of unlikely heroes, such as Dux (a crossbow-wielding, walking, talking duck) and Bormin (a boar with serious anger issues), and help them navigate a post-human Earth with its abandoned cities, crumbling highways, and mutated monsters on every corner. The ultimate goal: save yourselves by finding the legendary Eden.

Based on a Swedish pen & paper RPG.

I mean it really looks like Xcom.

That was a really slick and intriguing video. Loved the moment with the ham.

Between this and Six Ages, 2018 is gonna be a good year for anthropomorphic ducks.

Daffy Duck packin’ some heat

One of the big concepts in the tabletop RPG is that you are part of an Ark (not unlike a Fallout-style Vault, though the backstory of MYZ is pretty different) and need to help supply and expand that Ark as a (semi) safe haven in the wasteland. I wonder if they’ll be tapping into that for this game. Also the base game was just mutant characters (the horned lady would appear to be one of those), but there was a separate standalone expansion book called Genlab Alpha that introduced playable animal people which they appear to also be drawing on as Dux and Bormin appear to be of that type. There’s a third, called Mechatron, which is still in production, at least for the English version, that offers playable robot characters. (I Kickstarted Genlab Alpha and Mechatron…if the original was Kickstarted I missed that, but I did manage to score a copy later.)

Looks like the TMNT: After the Bomb PnP RPG.

The movie Annihilation should have been more like this.

-Tom

The RPG is one of my favourites. Interesting they are going to mix Genlab Alpha with the original Mutants. At least that indicates they won’t retreat official campaign stuff. Will have to check out the video closer to see if they use any of the original mechanics.

For the Swedish version the Robot book is already out I think and I know they Kickstarted the final book last year, Humans in a massive Bunker.

Yeah, that makes sense. No reason to make the Swedes wait for translation stuff.

Developer gameplay video!

Yeah, the gameplay looks really good. Very excited for this one.

Over on Explorminate they described this as XCOM mixed with Howard the Duck. Long has it been since I’ve heard that name.

Someone hasn’t watched Guardians of the Galaxy. :)

Looks very good. But a good Xcom game need destructible enviroment. So.

Edit:
oh, but have it!, good :D

Release date! 12/4/2018

Wait, this isn’t the game about the raccoon? I’m so confused.

No raccoon I don’t think…?

Well what’s the game with the raccoon!? Stop looking at me like that!