My board game (Galactic Emperor) Goes Gold!

Good luck, man. You are not only putting out a game but your publishing it yourself! That takes balls.

It looks great. I wish you the best.

Two space fleets sail in, one space fleet sails out!

Okay, that whole section got a massive chuckle from me.

Congrats! What a nice thing - to be able to see a game go from idea to solid object - well done!

Good job, Adam. Now, ahem, is it back to Dungeon Delvers?

It’s true there are only 36 hours in a day*, so I can only devote so much time to these things. And although Dungeon Delvers has been neglected this last year, it’s still much on my mind - and on my desktop! So I’m coding, I’m coding!

The elves at CrossCut invented time stretching 16* years ago.
** That of course means only 4 years ago.

Jason? You need to stop surfing the 'net and get back to work on Thrilling Tales, man! I love the sound of that game!

I still hold a grudge over Delvers but congrats and hope it does well for you!

Huge congrats dude,

Awesome and Congrats. If I make it to Origins this year I’ll see if I can get you to sign my copy. :) What a huge amount of work that must have been. I bet the hardest part was finding and managing the manufacturing sources…or at least the least fun.

The box art reminds me of the QT3 random RPG generator site. In a good way.

How much did you have to pay Sean Connery?

I just finished the rules, and it looks like a very nice game! I like some of the twists on the role mechanics, and especially the short playing time. I just pre-ordered, and can’t wait to give it a shot.

I’m very curious to hear how the self publishing goes!

Cliffski! Wow - this means alot to me. Thanks!

We will be at Origins - but not with a booth. It just wasn’t worth the cost this year - maybe next year. I will have the game in tow, will be running a one-shot winner gets a free copy event and will be hanging around the Boardgame Room playing with anyone who is willing.

And who knows? Maybe some vendor will have us for sale there. We’ll see!

Maybe I missed it, but what’s the age range for this game? My boys are smarter than the average bear and have picked up Memoir '44, Ticket To Ride, Cleopatra, Heroscape and others. I’d love to get a sci-fi game like this to play with them.

Congrats! It looks like an interesting game–I guess I’d better buy a copy. :)

And for what it’s worth, I like the box art quite a bit. I’m not as sure about the type treatment for the title (I guess it does have a sort of Star Wars vibe to it, with the receding font), but the actual cover illustration is very nice.

I don’t know what the suggested age is, but after having read the rules .pdf, I’d guess your kids would be able to handle it judging from the games you listed. It’s relatively light fare, for the genre, and no where near as inscrutable to new players as something like Twilight Imperium 3.

[Edit: spelling]

10+ is the age we put on the box. We’ve had good luck with kids playing – a side effect of a “fragmented” order of play is short turns, which helps with the attention span for kids. Actually, it helps with the attention span of adults, too…

Excellent. Even though two of my boys are 6 and 7 while the older one is 9, we’ve had a lot of luck with games that suggest 10+ so you’ve got a sale here. :)

Okay, copy pre-ordered. Gotta support one of our own!

Congrats, Dan.

Wow, congratulations! Have you found a lot of computer game developers that have crossed over to board games? I would think it, when it happened, would be the other way.

I, too, have been amoung the patient waiting for Dungeon Delvers, but this looks like it was a more than worthy diversion.

Good luck on sales!!!

Oh and I think the box art is cool, too. Squeaky is just cranky.

Hehe: