My dream build. What to cut?

You saw it is 3440, yes?

Ah, I missed that. that’s a pixel count that is somewhere almost right between standard 1440p and a full 4K.

Intel is no longer shipping a fan with the Core i9 9900k.

I ended up getting a Notua-D15S for my heat sink and it’s so big that it comes all the way down to the graphics card and blocks access to the PCI card latch under the graphics card. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when I want to change graphics cards. I think I’ll either need to jury rig some sort of angled tool to poke under the graphics card and try to get at the latch, or I’ll need to pull the heat sink, replace the graphics card, then stick the heat sink back on.

The computer is up and running, so it’s mostly a concern for another day. If I needed to pull the heat sink, I think I can strip the thermal paste of the heat sink easily enough, but trying to get thermal paste off a $500 CPU does not sound like a good time.

M.2 drives can be SATA or NVMe, with SATA usually being cheaper and NVMe having the higher transfer speeds. An M.2 SATA SSD shouldn’t be faster than an equivalent 2.5" SATA SSD. It’s just one more thing to watch out for when buying.

I think there is a slight improvement as it is 10Gbps bandwidth versus 6Gbps.

From a few benchmarks i’ve seen, in real life, and particularly in games, there is no difference.