My Eye, my Precious Eye!

So this weekend I noticed the eye solution I have been using for the past month has been recalled.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/amo05_07.html

I threw out my contact (I’m blind in one eye, I just use one contact) and case and bought a new brand of eye-juice but I’m freaked every time my I blink I keep thinking of filthy teeny tiny amoeba touching my cornea with their teeny tiny filthy little hands.

Acanthamoeba is a microorganism commonly found in water, soil, sewage systems, cooling towers, and heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Acanthamoeba keratitis (AK) is a rare, but serious, infection of the cornea. AK is usually found among individuals who improperly store/handle/disinfect their lenses (e.g., use tap water or homemade solutions for cleaning), swim/use hot tubs/shower while wearing lenses, come in contact with contaminated water, have minor damage to their corneas, or have previous corneal trauma. The incidence of AK in the United States has been estimated by CDC at approximately one to two cases per million contact lens users.

Sweet Jesus, give me someone to sue.

/pouring bleach in eye

Awesome! New Spore screenshots! WIL WRITE IZ A JENIUS!

I actually quite like this little guy!

That’s because he’s not STUCK TO YOUR EYEBALL, EATING YOUR BRAIN.

Eyeglasses FTW.

According to MyNameIsWill, my brain is thoroughly washed. Bring on the parasites.