My favorite campaign story so far

Sorry Rimbo, I’m not buying it.

It’s about a pattern of behavior. Magical things that turn the tide of history only happen in the movies.

That’s what I’m saying, so what are you not buying? The guy’s had foot-in-mouth for years, but we have to go back 22 years ago to find some article about something he maybe might have said that was tasteless? If this demonstrated something we didn’t already know about him AND had some real “Gee, no question he said it” behind it, well, maybe that’d be OK.

Here we are with cell phone cameras, a million attention-starved wannabe bloggers and mass media desperate for ratings and this is the big Presidential Candidate Gaffe? Hearsay the age of people who graduated from college two months ago?

We don’t need something so old with such flimsy evidence to establish a pattern. And by the same token, if you go off and start grabbing any old evidence without scrutinizing it, it weakens the case. If you can’t at least be timely, at least stick to what’s on the record with reliable witnesses. Because we can afford to.

Or, better yet, sell the positive points of the guy we do like rather than trying to tear down the guy we don’t.

As pointed out, considering McCain’s history of telling incredibly tasteless jokes, the witnesses, the people who all said they saw it, etc., it’s probably true.

I’m not personally offended or offended on behalf of something, I just think it’s hilarious because who the fucking hell tells jokes like that? Or calls jokes with his wife that she’s plastered on so much makeup she looks like a a trollop, that cunt? McCain is apparently the living incarnation of everyone’s crazy old senile uncle. It’s especially amusing because it’s such a 180 from the Very Serious McCain that gets presented in the media, or his biography, or stories from DC people.

This isn’t a vote for Obama observation, just amusement.

If this was widely reported I’d be worried, but so far the MSM seems happy to ignore all the majority of it.

To be fair, MSM is too busy reporting on… well, let’s see what’s on CNN.com right now: Oh, wow, actual news – US to send Envoy to Iran. I’m genuinely astonished. I guess the Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt twins story has run its course or something.