My love for progressive lens goes sour

i’ve been wearing progressive lenses for nearly 11 years and i’ve never really gotten used to them as a result, i’ve mostly given up reading printed materials. i am making an effort over the last few months to read again though my reading time has significantly slowed due to not being able to see well out of the progressives. additionally, i’ve tried some brain games and reading improvement drills on the computer and find that the progressive lenses also make those useless because of the distortion outside of the “sweet spot”. ugh!

I keep reading this thread title as “progressive lens detachment” and it freaks me out.

You and MikeJ both. :-)

changed the header @Scotch_Lufkin and @MikeJ

LOL nice. :) Thanks!!

Do you think it’d be better to just have two sets of different glasses? I have to make this decision soon too as my eyes have degraded a lot since my last prescription (from 7 years ago and was just near-sighted then).

Progressives are nice if I need to quickly check my phone because I already have my glasses on my face. This is one situation, but there are others. Say you’re transitioning from a powerpoint presentation to your PC with all your peers and you don’t want to keep swapping glasses. You can see good enough with the progressives for most stuff.

For extended work on the PC, I need a pair of single focal point lens, so I don’t have to look through the tiny portion of lens on my progressives that’s available for reading at that distance. This keeps my neck happy. I just have OTC glasses I leave sitting on my desk at work and at home. If I sit down to work on the computer, my glasses are already there. Otherwise, I have my progressives on . It’s not a bad set up.

Everyone’s needs are different. I also usually take my progressives off for movies because my distance vision isn’t too bad.

They are also good for driving if you ever need to look at your phone, map, etc.

Do you think Trump puts on glasses with progressive lenses in order to read?

(Trick question.)

Trump can’t read?

Covfefe.

I ended up returning my progressive lenses. I’ll consider them if my vision gets worse and I need glasses for my mid range or need to wear glasses all the time.