My neighbor totoro

Not only did my wife and I love Totoro but so did my kids. Even my 8 year-old who is too “cool” for anything except Batman and Spider-Man enjoyed it. They all sat there transfixed with silly smiles on their faces.

I loved the relationship between the girls and their dad. There was no (typically American) “our dad is an idiot” plot device. Their dad seemed willing to accept that the girls might be right about Totoro.

I loved the slow pace, the art, the bus stop. Its just an amazing movie.

Amazing it is.

dammit Andrew!

Where is that? Now, I have to get there.

I too like Castle in the sky better than the others. Not sure I could explain why. It’s kind of like the difference between 3 really fine redheads.

That’s the Ghibli museum in Japan. They also show a short sequel to Totoro (mostly about the Cat Bus) that is exclusively shown in that Theater.

I haven’t been, but I’m planning on going…

That’s the Ghibli museum in Japan. They also show a short sequel to Totoro (mostly about the Cat Bus) that is exclusively shown in that Theater.

I haven’t been, but I’m planning on going…[/quote]

Wow, that’s awesome. I guess. Awesome that there’s more Totoro stuff, not-so-awesome that I will never, ever see it. I think I recall seeing a picture of a kitten bus on the net a while ago. I wonder if it’s from that?

No help for local versions of the hella cool Laputan Robot statue, but there’s this news tidbit:

ultimatedisney.com is reporting that the next set of Miyazaki DVD (Nausicaa/Totoro/Porco Rosso) is scheduled for release on February 22, 2005.

Good news indeed.

Which Totoro version are you guys watching, the Fox dubbed dvd?

Are there any significant differences between it and the original? I noticed it’s only 7 bucks at DeepDiscountDVD, so I’ll pick it up if the dubbing isn’t TOO bad.