My roommate just left me a cleaning bill

Obviously, you need to have a sit down with your roommates and discuss what is expected from each of you. If you can’t come to an agreement, one or two of you will have to leave.

+1

I wouldn’t pay. I find cleaning nagging annoying.

Well, there’s more than one way to solve that problem.

You are a wise soul not to get between them. :)

2 ways in this case.

wise soul my ass, if he thinks he can just “stand on the sidelines”, he doesn’t know women.

he can attempt to.

The key is not to be in the same room with both of them, that way you can play both sides.

Are these the moments when two girls start arguing, then pushing accompanied with hair pulling/cloth tearing, then inexplicably falling into a vat of pudding/jello/water in which they wrestle tearing off the remainder of their clothing?

Because you really may want to escalate this.

That negates the possibility of 2girls. Just sayin’

No, passive-agressive ones only send nasty notes to each other. In real life they’re super friendly; sometimes overly so. They could totally start making out by accident.

but he lives with them, how long can he avoid that?

Oh come on, you know he’ll be able to avoid them just fine until the last five minutes of the show. Then they’ll have a quick argument, resolve it, hug, and cut to commercials.

WIN

Wow, you obviously don’t want the situation to get better. How about you “get your adult on” and talk to her about it free of rancor or bitterness? Be reasonable, forgiving, and calm, and you’ll be amazed at how much amazing stuff will happen.

LOLing about it because you’re so above it all won’t help you, your living situation, or your general happiness. How about trying out connection rather than distance?

/UCSantaCruz conflictresolution Program 2.1083 rev.3 OFF

Out-passive-aggressive her and write her a bad check.

Agreed!

I’d love to pay someone $30/week to clean my house.

I repeat, at this point, I think it’s funny. A handwritten bill for cleaning your own house? Who does that?

I’m sure it will get dealt with in the near future in a mature adult manner, but right now it’s fucking silly and until she brings it up to my face I’ll continue to laugh about it.

Awesome.

Or maybe even … three?

There’s only one clear fool proof solution to this dillema. Just take a steaming dump right in the middle of the living room. Deny all accountability. If she wants a passive agressive war then that’s just what she’ll get.