My son wiped my phone via google

Well, again I wasn’t blaming him b/c if you go to the Android | Do More With Google on Android Phones & Devices page, it only gives you the model and since we both had the same model, that really doesn’t help.

I’d strongly suggest never putting his Google account on your phone again. For obvious reasons, and also so you can control your own data.

So not knowing which was which, the correct decision would have been not to wipe.

It’s 50/50. Those are better odds than Jack Bauer ever gets!

This is easier said than done. I’ll explain. We’re a Google household, all android devices and some Google hardware too. But we have some devices that get used by both me and my SO. On those, it’s not uncommon for me to log into a Google service and be baffled for a bit, only to learn that she’s logged in, not me.

In the case of Tman’s son, it’s possible this very thing happened if either both devices were initially set up on the same account, or if Tman was logged in at a common PC when his son went to reset devices.

The missus and I both have the same model phone and both have the same tablets. You’d better believe I would triple check before doing anything like a wipe should one of us lose our device.

The easily fixable thing that Google could do is show WHICH ACCOUNT was last logged into the device, not the fucking device name.

You can rename your devices in Google Play. Not sure if that name shows up in the erase device screen though.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2407656?hl=en

Good tip, Stuss. I’m adding nicknames now.

The best decision is ALWAYS not to wipe!

Oh, phones sorry

Here’s hoping foldable phones combine your interests in the future.