Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

This game came out a few days ago on Big Fish Games (http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/6414/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-collector/index.html). I enjoyed the other Mystery Case Files and this was no exception.

For those unfamiliar with these sorts of games its a hidden object game (find object on a list from a cluttered picture), as well as including some puzzles, adventure game mechanics and a reasonable storyline. This is definitely a casual game and my wife enjoys it as much as I do.

The game is short, I finished it in just under 6 hours. Making it shorter than the other Mystery Case Files games I played, though the production value was significantly higher. So it was 6 hours I enjoyed more, but still only 6 hours.

It currently priced at $19.95 for the “collectors edition”. Early in the December the normal version will release for $6.99. Though the collector’s edition does include some extra stuff, its basically paying more to play the game a week or so early. An interesting price structure that I hope doesn’t find its way into other games.

My recommendation, because of the games length, is to wait until the price drop to pick it up. But once it does it’s definitely worth the price if you enjoy hidden object games, or if you are looking to try one out this is a great one to start with.

So, it’s that time again: three coupons for the full game to the first three people who PM me.

Info page:

And also to mention that the normal (non-collectors edition) version is out for $6.99. If you like Hidden Object/Puzzle/Adventure games at all this one is worth checking out. Its probably my second favorite I’ve ever played behind Drawn: the Painted Tower.

All gone!