Mystery Films

Wheelchair? I don’t remember a wheelchair…

God, great & freaky movie though. Intensely fucked-up Climax Golden Twins soundtrack too…

I rented Miller’s Crossing last night, solely based on this thread. I’m not in love with it. I mean, I thought it was decent. I’d probably watch it again if it were on television or something, but I didn’t think it was Teh Awesome. The story was good, but some of the acting didn’t cut it for me.

Hate me if you must.

No hate here. I like the movie a lot, but it certainly isn’t a “mystery” film by any stretch. There’s some suspense, sure, but it isn’t a mystery or even a thriller.

Some of the acting didn’t cut it! What are you, fucking high?

But, yeah, I don’t fell any hate either. Just contempt and pity.

Albert Finney was pretty weak in some scenes. I thought Turturro and the dude who played The Dane were great.

Yeah, that Danny Boy scene was total ass…

The old man is still an artist with a Thompson.

Too funny. Yeah, I rented Miller’s Crossing on the strength of this thread and watched it for the first time a week or so ago. It definately delivered; thanks for the recommendation.

SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD

I saw Shattered mentioned. Another mid 90s suspense/mystery great of the same vein is Malice with the oft quoted Alec Baldwin performance. Also, written by Aaron Sorkin?

Brick

Good call. Malice was great.

I still don’t see anything mentioning a wheelchair, but I’ll take your word for it. That movie actually creeped me out enough that I’m not sure I want to watch it again…