Mythgard is the Advanced Squad Leader of collectible card games

I’m playing PvE too. I’ve played exactly one PvP match – the first round of a PvP gauntlet that I narrowly won. It stressed me out so much that I went back to PvE.

I have no idea about a private draft tourney. That would be fun. I do think Artifact permits that. We had a Qt3 Artifact tourney here; it was fun.

Thanks for the tip on the code!

Where are you getting these promo codes?

According to Mythgard’s Twitter, faction-specific codes will be distributed to “gaming press and streamers” over the next week. I think there were some technical issues though that might cause delay.

The first code for blue was posted to Mythgard’s Discord. I’d recommend just keeping an eye on Qt3’s Mythgard review thread. The codes will be posted there as they’re discovered.

I searched for the code but never could find it. They sure make it hard to find. Or Discord is where information goes to die.

They don’t seem to be entirely on the ball.

I don’t understand why they’re giving away the entire core set. The expansions aren’t all that big, are they? Maybe this is a prelude to going to some sort of microtransactions or pay-to-play model? I really do like the game, so I want it to succeed, business-wise.

When someone gives you something for free, don’ t ask questions until you have it tied to your account. ;)

Fair enough!

FWIW, I fooled around with Mythgaard a few months back and quite enjoyed it. In a PvE sense anyway because it looked like a terrible grind to get a nearly complete set of cards. Which looked like it was required for whatever the PvP scene current meta was. So I quit playing entirely once I’d accomplished all the faction goals. Having yet another new expansion probably only makes that problem worse for a new player or a casual player so I can see the logic on giving away core cards. This code did get someone like me to re-install.

I need to do my homework on whether the newest expansion is just more or the same (with new cards) or if they actually introduced any interesting new twists to their rather stale game modes.

Also, I think I’m going to uninstall this again. I took a look at the new cards and wasn’t horribly impressed. Plus I redeemed the DISCORDNORDEN code and it didn’t appear to give me anything.

If I only dabble with this solo, do I want to grab the free cards or is it more fun to just unlock them through playing? I don’t ever plan on trying to compete with anyone.

Next code is WholesomeHarmony

Apparently there was a bug for some people who redeemed that code before a certain point.

Using DISCORDNORDEN2 is supposed to fix it.

For solo dabbling definitely grab the free cards. You can still use your rewards from solo quests to buy packs from the expansions. Thus you will have a better base of cards to play with and you’ll still be able to open packs and play with new cards.

Yep, that did it for me. Though honestly that’s a strange bug. Unless the “certain point” was about 3 hours ago, I think there’s more to it than just timing.

Where do we enter the codes and is DISCORDNORDEN2 the only one so far?

There’s a button for codes in the Store UI. The second code is ‘WholesomeHarmony’.

Thanks! I had to scroll over to see it.

Yeah the UI for this card game is not the best.

I like the Winter War expansion for thematic reasons. A lot of the cards do have a wintery look and effect. I’m not sure there’s a brand-new mechanic like the Forge cards introduced in the previous expansion.

Personally, I like the variety of modes in this game, especially the PvE stuff. I usually play the PvE Gauntlet, but if there’s a quest that requires me to burn certain cards, then I’ll make a deck and play a PvE Brawl or three. I also play the events, again in PvE, and these sometimes involve the 2 vs 2 format, which is a fun twist. I played the Valentine’s Event long enough to get a couple of the pink card backs, but the hot-pink UI eventually wore me down, lol.