N VA/DC/etc Restaurant Suggestions

If you like Creole/Cajun then consider giving Acadiana a try. I usually get the “Grillades and Grits” (sauteed veal medallions, creamy jalapano cheese grits; wild mushroom pan gravy). For dessert someone at your table should get the lemon doberge cake (creamy, lemony, tasty, moist cake thing). Entrees run between $20-$30 (check out the linked menu).

Anyone been to Front Page over in Dupont? It seems like a DCish restaurant but I’ve never been…

IIRC, they’re run by the same folks that run Uncle Julio’s in the metroplex, so yes, it is Tex Mex.

Seconded

Thirded.

Please, names of good Mexican places? I’ve been to dozens of dives over the years, without much success. Rio Grande is great Tex Mex, but that’s a whole different animal.

I’ve never cared for El Puerto here in Alexandria – I haven’t had their Chile Relleno, though. Maybe I’ll give that a shot for lunch one day in the next few weeks.

I have to disagree with ElG re: Tabard Inn – I had a phenomenal meal there during the holidays last year.

I went to el puerto at least a week or two for over a year… I loved that place. Of course again that was 8 years ago and they might have changed ownership/chef/etc.

Oceanaire is fabulous, but there’s no way I’d pay for it if I couldn’t expense it. Twice I’ve been there for business lunches on a weekday, with no alcohol, and for 2 people (and total 2 entrees and 1 appetizer/side dish each time, so 3 dishes), it’s been 120 or over. For freaking lunch.

Guess you left DC before Cityzen came on the scene. It’s won all sorts of awards, both in DC and nationally. Galileo also gets all sorts of national recognition (or more appropriately, Roberto Donna does).