Name 2 significant movies of 1 director

Right: Chris Columbus, known for Home Alone and Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone.

Wrong: Chris Columbus, known for Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone and Home Alone.

Hmm. This is harder than I thought.

OK, this one seems easier:

Right: George Lucas, known for Star Wars: A New Hope and American Graffiti

Wrong: George Lucas, known for literally anything else on his IMDB page.

wrong: Wes Anderson known for Isle of Dogs and Incredible Mr. Fox
right: Wes Anderson known for Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums.

I love all his movies, but to pick some examples of his career, I would chose the older ones.

I realize it’s not as iconic, but I hope you’re not saying Bram Stoker’s Dracula is anything less than a great movie.

Yes, that’s the point. Dracula is a great movie, but Apocalypse Now and The Godfather need to be the picks.

Right? Robert Altman, director of MASH and The Player (or a dozen other movies–I’m particularly a fan of Gosford Park).
Wrong: Robert Altman, director of O.C. and Stiggs and Dr. T and the Women.

Yes, this.

You’re talking about the guy that directed Captain Eo!

Peter Yates (Breaking Away, Bullitt)
vs.
Peter Yates (Krull, Year of the Comet)

Right: Carl Theodor Dreyer, known for The Passion of Joan of Arc and Ordet.

Wrong: Carl Theodor Dreyer, known from Vampyr and Leaves from Satan’s Book

My brother went in to Pompeii with the genuine belief it was by PT Anderson. It was apparently quite a confusing experience.

Sergio Leone, known for The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West.

Wrong answer: Duck, You Sucker

Okay then, I’m putting down the pitchfork.

Here’s a tricky one.

Peter Weir, known for?

For me it’s Gallipoli and The Year of Living Dangerously. Those are the films that established him as a director.

For someone older, it might be Picnic at Hanging Rock.

For some, it might be Witness.

For others, Master and Commander.

It is not Green Card.

Peter Weir known for Picknick at Hanging Rock and Mosquito Coast (lol)

*** need to watch Mosquito Coast again.

Not Mosquito Coast. It’s one of his weaker films.

On the (tangential) subject of director confusion, because Sam Neill’s character was named Dr. Weir, it is forever lodged in my brain that Peter Weir directed Event Horizon.

Oh, man, I gotta re-watch O.C. and Stiggs someday. I remember really enjoying it.

For me Picnic at Hanging Rock and Fearless. Not necessarily because they’re more notable (though I love Picnic…), but because those are the only two films I remembered he directed. He did Truman Show? And M&C? And Dead Poet’s Society? Whoa. I could probably have guessed Gallipoli, I suppose.

For me, he’s like James Mangold in that there are probably several dozen films that you could tell me he directed and my reaction would be “sure, that sounds right.”

It might be for my little sister. There were a couple of weeks when she kept bugging the family about seeing Green Card. I think the selling point was the tagline, which she kept repeating to us as a reason for seeing it. “They married, met, and fell in love!”