NASA/JPL QT3 Perseverance landing watch party (Zoom)

Join your Quarter To Three friends in watching the NASA/JPL Perseverance rover (and Ingenuity copter) entry, descent, and landing on Mars. The landing will be live-streamed on NASA TV. The QT3 watch party is for folks to come together for communal nail-biting and friendly support. This Zoom event is limited to 100 participants – if you try to join and find you can’t get in, please do one of these: (1) reach out on QT3 Discord, (2) e-mail [email protected], or (3) post here.

Landing coverage and our Zoom party begins Feb. 18, 2021 11:15 a.m. PST / 2:15 p.m. EST

NASA/JPL Perseverance landing watch party for QT3
Zoom room opens Feb 18, 2021 11:15 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting.
Please keep this link in the QT3 community; do not share it with those outside QT3.

For dialing in, your meeting ID: 833 6771 4834
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kb6G48rk85

To tune in with NASA TV:

LIVE Landing Broadcast: Perseverance Rover Lands on Mars

Channels that will carry the live broadcast include:
YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitch, Daily Motion, Theta.TV, and NASA App

Spanish-language show
NASA

360-degree stream on YouTube
NASA JPL

Thank you @mono for donating the Zoom room for this event!

This will be an awesome way to spend my lunch break :) Thanks for organizing it!

Why would I want to ruin such a cool thing with a Zoom meeting? I’ll be watching it on on my own like a good introvert.

Sorry my Zoom Pro account only goes to 100. I couldn’t afford the Spinal Tap plan which goes to 101.

What I meant was if we have 100 watchers and others want to join, we’d draw straws to kick people out.

squeeeee! This sounds awesome. If I can figure out my work schedule, I’d love to join. Thank you for setting this up!

I got it! I just can’t pass the opportunity to make a terribly dated joke.

@fire Are you involved directly in this mission?

It was good! I laughed. Inside.

Nope! Just good ol’ Curiosity. Lots of colleagues are on both missions, but I’m a one-rover kind of gal.

I can attend, who will be bringing snacks?

Someone should bring enough peanuts to share.

I think I’m doing something wrong. I clicked the zoom link and it didn’t ask for a password? I’m a zoom newbie.

The password is embedded in the TOP SECRET link that fire pasted up top, so you won’t need to manually enter it in. Let’s just try to keep the link in the Qt3 community.

I actually got an email that you had joined, @jpinard, and thought, man he’s setting up his tent early for the good seats.

I was! I want to be in the front row. LOL

Added to top post.

Looking at the photo of how landing is planned, have previous rovers also landed the same way?

I would think that would be like walking into a VFW hall wearing a Medal of Honor. “We’ve got a new Mars landing? Get me the Curiosity people!”