National Geographic Channel and the penis

Goddamn straight. I use a sandpaper glove myself. Weenies.

I have a real problem subjecting an infant to that procedure, even though it won’t be “remembered” (no anesthesia is used).

But my real reason for responding is to say “WTF?”. Last I checked a foreskin won’t suddenly become infected, explode, and KILL YOU.[/quote]

Ummm…his point was that the appendix has no apparent function. He wasn’t comparing infection rates.

I have a real problem subjecting an infant to that procedure, even though it won’t be “remembered” (no anesthesia is used).

But my real reason for responding is to say “WTF?”. Last I checked a foreskin won’t suddenly become infected, explode, and KILL YOU.[/quote]

Ummm…his point was that the appendix has no apparent function. He wasn’t comparing infection rates.[/quote]

You often use an appendix to hold reference or some other seperate material from the main document.

The foreskin contains nerve endings, so all else aside, it sure as fuck isn’t going to be like a sock.

You ought to know, honey. :)

I would imagine that wanking without one would require 3rd party lotions - and would generally be less pleasant.

And I have no idea how I would do my famous Colin Powell impersonation without it.

Third party? If I had a second party, I wouldn’t need the lotion.

• and would generally be less pleasant.

Go buy a bottle of water-based sexual lubricant, work up a batch and get back to me on that. Because…no.

And I have no idea how I would do my famous Colin Powell impersonation without it.

PIX PLZ KTHX

Seriously. Anyone who advocates cutting off parts of a penis is fucked. In the head.

Whenever Angie uses “penis” in a post I start to feel kinda funny…

There was an episode of Bullshit about this a couple of weeks ago (I believe S3E1 if you want to torrent it). They spent about half the show talking about foreskin restoration, which seemed a little strange. That’s not usually the most in-depth show, but they barely touched on data about infection and so forth. You do totally get to see some old guy’s new foreskin, though.

I don’t get why some guys and gals get all up in arms about circumcision in that its not that debilatating, though it is mutilation by definition. That said, I really don’t see what the benefits are of it. Infections? Didn’t we get by as humans for thousands if not millions of years with foreskin? How about you, you know, clean your dick? Parent’s wipe their newborn’s asses, can’t they clean out the weenie too? Its pretty nasty in how they do it too. No pain meds usually, hold the kid down, etc. etc…

The one that really gets me though, was/is the idea or “factoid” that women with circumsized husbands had less incidence of cervical cancer. So it was “cool” to “snip the tip” (Quoth Friar Tuckman) because it would possibly help women these boys married, in the future. Uhm, I’m sorry, but what quack actually thought that was a good hypothesis? Excess dick skin thats pulled back when in “coitus” mode is going to cause cervical cancer? WTF? Whats next, the clit causes penile cancer, so off with its head, heck get rid of the beef curtains too why don’t ya.

Parent’s wipe their newborn’s asses, can’t they clean out the weenie too?

Doctor said we’re not to be pulling on the boy’s foreskin or it will get damaged. God only knows how the damage occurrs since there are no gears or moving parts, but that’s what they told me. By the time he’s supposed to start to clean in there, he’s been doing his own bottom for quite a while.

At any rate, I’m going to have to defer to localized cultural norms. Because, if it’s the health and well-being of your son (whether actual, potential, or hypothetical) that we’re concerned with…well, I once a heard hot chick say “Uncircumsized penises are gross. I might date a guy with one, but I’d never go down on him.” Man, that’s all I needed to hear to decide the fate of Bill Jr’s mushroom hoodie. Late! Chopped cocks are the norm out here, but if I ended up in say, Sweden, I might give a thought to not having the boy circumsized. Help your son get laid, dads!

Yes, let’s keep doing institutionalized mutiliation of infants because it’s the norm! I guess those clitorectomies in Africa really aren’t that bad!

I dunno, I figure if any of my kids are old enough to contemplate getting blow jobs from hot chicks, then maybe they’re old enough to make the call as to whether they’d like to have a piece of their dick sliced off and can see the doc about it AFTER they have a chance to make that choice for themselves.

Beef curtains?

Hello, and welcome to Hyperbole Theatre. Here’s our host, BaconTastesGood, which we’re thinking of forcing him to change to BaconTastesGGRREEEAAATT!

Do you have the slightest clue as to what you’re comparing? While male circumcision has debateable merits and real risks, female circumcision is a whole other ball of snips.

Beef curtains. (NSFW)

Beef curtains. (NSFW)[/quote]

SWEET JESUS

SK alluded to the idiocy of this comparison, but let me flesh (SNIP) it out for you: clitorectomies in females removes approximately 90% of the erectile/sensitive tissue on the femal vagina. Removing the foreskin removes less then 1%, if that. An analogous operation on the male penis would necessitate removing essentially the entire head of the penis, using gestational origins as a guide. So, like, your comparison is ridiculous.

Truth to tell, there is no adequate analogy to circumcision. Removal of a skin tag, perhaps, although not everyone is born with or acquires skin tags. Labiaplasty is pretty close.

I dunno, I figure if any of my kids are old enough to contemplate getting blow jobs from hot chicks, then maybe they’re old enough to make the call as to whether they’d like to have a piece of their dick sliced off and can see the doc about it AFTER they have a chance to make that choice for themselves.

When it hurts more and there is more chance for infection, and a longer recuperative period? Yeah, not really.

Dude, it isn’t as serious as all that, anyway. Unwad your BVDs.

Of course the real reason for circumcision is to avoid severe pain in later adult life while (going commando) one zips up too quickly and traps it.